Windows 10: Cannot connect to 5g

Discus and support Cannot connect to 5g in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]I have multiple different Network adapters and i am trying to be able to connect to 5G on my laptop. Can anyone help me understand what all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KristinBrown2, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Cannot connect to 5g

Cannot connect to 5g [​IMG]I have multiple different Network adapters and i am trying to be able to connect to 5G on my laptop. Can anyone help me understand what all of these are and if one will help me get out of being stuck with 2G only.

:)

KristinBrown2, Jun 30, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel to Bring 5G to Mobile PCs by 2019

Today, Intel announced it is collaborating with Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft to bring 5G connectivity to Windows PCs with Intel XMM 8000 series commercial 5G modems. Intel expects the first high-performing 5G-connected PCs to surface in the market in the second half of 2019.

Mobile World Congress (MWC) attendees will get a first sneak peek at a concept 5G-connected PC - a detachable 2 in 1 - connected by an early 5G modem and powered by 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processors. At MWC, Intel will showcase the power of 5G on a PC by livestreaming video over the 5G network. This concept is one of many stepping stones for moving the industry forward in what's possible for 5G-enabled PCs.

5G is not just another generation of wireless connectivity. It promises new opportunities for technology innovation across the computing and connectivity landscape from the cloud to the network and the client.

Cannot connect to 5g mvLHr0xXNVOtmjhR_thm.jpg

The PC is a central hub for processing incredible amounts of data. 5G is coming. Not only will it bring a substantial amount of data needing processing but also new experiences for PC owners. Imagine immersing in untethered VR from anywhere in the world, or downloading a 250 megabyte file in seconds from a parking lot. Or imagine being able to continue participating in a multiplayer game as you ride in an autonomous vehicle on the way to class. Radically different. This is just a sampling of the experiences 5G will reimagine for the mobile PC. As this transformation of data continues, it's critical for PCs to be ready with 5G.

In addition to 5G:
    At MWC, Intel will also showcase the latest steps it has taken to build toward a more connected future with:
    • 11ax, the next big thing in Wi-Fi. A thin PC with 802.11ax Wi-Fi will be on display at the Intel's booth in Hall 3 at Stand 3E31. 802.11ax builds enhanced levels of manageability and network efficiency, and will be a critical part of the connected future with 5G.
    • eSIM functionality will be on display at Intel's booth in Hall 3 at Stand 3E31. As of September 2017, all of Intel's modem solutions for PCs support eSIM in enterprise and consumer segments. eSIM is an essential feature for connected PCs, and Intel plans to continue offering it going forward. Intel continues to work across the ecosystem to ensure our end customers enjoy seamless out-of-the-box experiences.
    Intel is investing deeply across its wireless portfolio and partners to bring 5G-connected mobile PCs to market, with benefits for users, like high-quality video on-the-go, high-end gaming, and seamless connections as users traverse Wi-Fi and cellular networks. With 5G's critical speeds and capacity, Intel will help to open the door to new experiences hardly imaginable today, and make connecting online from anywhere, anytime the norm.

btarunr, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 5G nbn wifi not showing up

Hi,

There is a possibility that the wireless network adapter of your computer is not compatible with the 5G Wi-Fi network. Just to clarify, can your computer connect to other 5G networks?

For us to verify if your computer is compatible with the 5G Wi-Fi network, kindly provide the name of the wireless network card. To determine the device's name, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo, and then choose Device Manager.
    • Expand Network.
    • Locate the computer's wireless network card.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Argel Obm, Jun 30, 2019
  4. A. User Win User

Cannot connect to 5g

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance.

A. User, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect to 5g

1. Cannot connect to 5g - Similar Threads - Cannot connect

2. My keyboard Model KGR1173 cannot connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard Model KGR1173 cannot connect: Hi!my keyboard does not pair when I plug in the USB reciever, and when I went into Settings, then devices, scrolled down, then I saw this message that read: Device Descriptor Request Failed. Can you please help me?My OS is Windows 10...
  3. My keyboard Model KGR1173 cannot connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard Model KGR1173 cannot connect: Hi!my keyboard does not pair when I plug in the USB reciever, and when I went into Settings, then devices, scrolled down, then I saw this message that read: Device Descriptor Request Failed. Can you please help me?My OS is Windows 10...
  4. My keyboard Model KGR1173 cannot connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I cannot connect to my bluetooh devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect to my bluetooh devices: I need help because I can't connect to my Galaxy Buds Audio nor my Logitech Pebble Mouse, I've tried restarting many times but it won't help. I've even tried to unpair and then pair it again but it failed to remove. I've found that we need to update some drivers but I'm not...
  6. I cannot connect to my bluetooh devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot connect to my bluetooh devices: I need help because I can't connect to my Galaxy Buds Audio nor my Logitech Pebble Mouse, I've tried restarting many times but it won't help. I've even tried to unpair and then pair it again but it failed to remove. I've found that we need to update some drivers but I'm not...
  7. I cannot connect to my bluetooh devices

8. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  9. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  10. cannot connect to onedrive

cannot connect to onedrive: Onedrive error 0x8004de44 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-onedrive/47bcccd4-4185-4eed-aeef-d2379cfe00e5