Windows 10: Cannot connect to a particular wifi using my Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Cannot connect to a particular wifi using my Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Laptop model is Asus Vivobook S14 S406U I am trying to connect to my home wifi but I am unable to connect to my wifi. Whereas my other laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sunandan Bose, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Cannot connect to a particular wifi using my Windows 10 Laptop

My Laptop model is Asus Vivobook S14 S406U

I am trying to connect to my home wifi but I am unable to connect to my wifi.

Whereas my other laptop and devices are able to connect to the same laptop.

and my laptop is also able to connect to connect to my phone hotspot.

It is only creating a problem when I am trying to connect to my home wifi.

This is the below log I have fetched from Event properties in WLAN-AutoConfig

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig

Date: 6/24/2019 9:45:15 PM

Event ID: 8002

Task Category: AcmConnection

Level: Error

Keywords: (536870912),(1024),(512)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-1ETOGI1

Description:

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter

Interface GUID: {b1dd29a6-cf45-4dfe-829e-e27ea7776052}

Connection Mode: Connection to a secure network without a profile

Profile Name: Flat506

SSID: Flat506

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason:The specific network is not available.

RSSI: 255

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig" Guid="{9580d7dd-0379-4658-9870-d5be7d52d6de}" />

<EventID>8002</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>24010</Task>

<Opcode>191</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000020000600</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-06-25T04:45:15.388868900Z" />

<EventRecordID>229</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="3496" ThreadID="9676" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-1ETOGI1</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="InterfaceGuid">{b1dd29a6-cf45-4dfe-829e-e27ea7776052}</Data>

<Data Name="InterfaceDescription">Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectionMode">Connection to a secure network without a profile</Data>

<Data Name="ProfileName">Flat506</Data>

<Data Name="SSID">Flat506</Data>

<Data Name="BSSType">Infrastructure</Data>

<Data Name="FailureReason">The specific network is not available.</Data>

<Data Name="ReasonCode">163851</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectionId">0x9</Data>

<Data Name="RSSI">255</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Can anyone please help on getting it resolved.

:)

Sunandan Bose, Jun 25, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jun 25, 2019
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jun 25, 2019
  4. tmork Win User

Cannot connect to a particular wifi using my Windows 10 Laptop

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect to a particular wifi using my Windows 10 Laptop

1. Cannot connect to a particular wifi using my Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot connect particular

2. BSoD connecting to particular WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD connecting to particular WiFi: Hello,Problem: My system gets a blue screen error with the DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when I try and connect to t-mobile home internet WiFi. It happens immediately on trying to connect to the WiFi. I can connect to a mobile hotspot from another carrier with no issues. I am...
  3. BSoD connecting to particular WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD connecting to particular WiFi: Hello,Problem: My system gets a blue screen error with the DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when I try and connect to t-mobile home internet WiFi. It happens immediately on trying to connect to the WiFi. I can connect to a mobile hotspot from another carrier with no issues. I am...
  4. BSoD connecting to particular WiFi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 unable to connect to particular wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to connect to particular wifi: Hi, I have trouble connecting to my home wifi network with my desktop Dell OptiPlex 7070. It has worked before but one day it got disconnected and no longer wants to connect it again, it will display "Unable to connect to this network" after I typed in the password.All other...
  6. My laptop can't connect to particular WiFi

My laptop can't connect to particular WiFi: My laptop suddenly can't connect to home WiFi, the Wifi able to connect to other device and my laptop can connect to portable Wifi and other Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cant-connect-to-particular-wifi/d3b13c42-b99b-456c-adb6-53b76f426d32
  7. The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

The laptop cannot connect to WiFi: Hello,My laptop is no longer connecting to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices.Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected...
  8. Windows 10 not showing particular WiFi connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not showing particular WiFi connection.: I have an iMac late 2009 running windows 10. My home WiFi was connecting normally at first, but suddenly stopped showing that same WiFi connection. I can see all my neighbor's WiFi connections but not mine. However, sometimes it is shown, but most of the time its not. what...
  9. Can't connect to a particular wifi network

Can't connect to a particular wifi network: laptop running Win 10 18362. Wifi Adaptor: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn I have a newly installed internet connection with a new router. I can connect to the wifi using all my other devices but not the laptop, but I can connect to all other networks using this laptop. The wifi...
  10. cannot connect laptop to wifi

cannot connect laptop to wifi: im having a very frustrating time trying to connect my laptop to wifi. it was working great only a couple of days ago. i ran the troubleshooter and says that wifi capability is disabled, luckily, however, my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all!!! ive been using an external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event 8002 wlan autoconfig