Windows 10: cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!

Discus and support cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello. i was trying to connect my pc to the network folder to pass some files, and a message popped up saying: "Your computer could not connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Uriel21, May 31, 2020.

1. Uriel21 Win User

cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!

hello.

i was trying to connect my pc to the network folder to pass some files, and a message popped up saying:
    "Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress."

in the network folder, there appears a name of a person, with a folder icon with a green T shape underneath it, which i cannot open as it prompts me to ask permission to admin, although i am admin

is this person remotely checking my data?

thank you all
    your help is very apreciated.

:)

Uriel21, May 31, 2020

2. Connect to Console Session from Remote Desktop Mobile

I just got a Samsung Saga which is running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. It comes with Remote Desktop Mobile.

I am trying to connect to the console session of a Windows Server 2003 machine. From another computer, I would do this using the /console switch (or the new /admin switch) on the command line when running mstsc. I can also accomplish this by using the remote
    desktop web connection I have set up on the server.

How would I accomplish this from my mobile device?

1) When I go to the url for the remote desktop web connection, the 'Connect' button is greyed out (I assume because the mobile IE browser doesn't meet the minimum requirements)

2) Is there a way to run the remote desktop mobile with the /console switch? I can't seem to find the executible location on the device to attempt to run it from a command line

3) Is there another program I can use that will accomplish this?

Thanks,

Josh

MigrationUser 1, May 31, 2020
  3. Connect to Console Session from Remote Desktop Mobile

Hi,

You can connect to console session of any Remote server by:

from Start Menu > Run>

mstsc /v:<ServerName> /console

Happy working....

abhishek_gp3, May 31, 2020
  4. NJBurns Win User

Connect to Console Session from Remote Desktop Mobile

This is an old topic, but one of the first Google search results for 'Remote Desktop Mobile connect to console'. I've been fiddling with this for the past few days and wanted to share my experience. I say experience because I haven't reallydone
    anything to achieve a /console connection with RDP mobile.

I'm running WinMo 6.5 Pro and using the standard RDP client it ships with. I am connecting to my home PC, which is running Win7x64 Ultimate. If I choose to log in as a currently logged in user and provide the proper credentials, I am connected to the existing
    session without any hassle.

I don't know if this is a new feature of terminal services/remote desktop on Win7, or a designed advantage of the mobile RDP client.

NJBurns, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP! - Similar Threads - cannot connect another

2. your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress . i got this error windows 10 how fix this error please can you explain the steps ?...
  3. your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress . i got this error windows 10 how fix this error please can you explain the steps ?...
  4. your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your computer could not connect to another console session

in Windows 10 News
    Your computer could not connect to another console session: [IMG]If remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer and fails with the error message Your computer could not connect to another console session on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help you with the most applicable solutions to...
  6. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  7. cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!

cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!: hello. i was trying to connect my pc to the network folder to pass some files, and a message popped up saying: "Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress." in the network...
  8. I cannot connect to my Remote Desktop App, it says I have another session in progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot connect to my Remote Desktop App, it says I have another session in progress: I cannot connect to Remote Desktop App, it says I have another session in progress. I restarted my PC and this message still appears when I go to connect....
  9. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  10. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....