Windows 10: Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

Discus and support Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I seem to not be able to connect to any shares on my local network immediately after the 2004 update. I get "Windows cannot access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stamstergios, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

Hello,

I seem to not be able to connect to any shares on my local network immediately after the 2004 update. I get "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.100". The share in question is a samba share on an Ubuntu Server PC which I can access just fine through my laptop which is not yet updated to the 2004 version and my Android Phone. I have been troubleshooting for over 6 hours today using advice from the internet. I believe I have tried almost everything: regedit,gpedit, changing global settings in smb.conf file in linux, updating to the newest driver, smb1 client support, firewall, etc.

What i have so far:

• I can ping the server using both the hostname and IPv4
    • I have checked port 445 traffic on the server and I see nothing. when i use my phone, i do see incoming traffic
    • I cannot even access a local share, i.e. \\localhost\<share name>
    • I cannot turn Network Discovery On; it reverts back to OFF
    • I cannot access any other Windows 10 PCs on my LAN

Any help is much appreciated. It has been a rather frustrating experience. Never had any problems with Windows Updates before.

:)

Stamstergios, Jun 18, 2020

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Jun 18, 2020
  4. stab244 Win User

Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

Sharing network connection

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home Wi-Fi and then sharing that Wi-Fi connection through the ethernet port on my laptop to my Raspberry Pi 2. Before the update, I was able to set my home network as public and network sharing would still work. Now I need to change it to Private first before the network can be shared. The issue I have with this though is that it creates a network from my laptop named "DIRECT-WR[computer name here]" which I don't want to show up in network lists. Anyway to set my network to private without creating that other network? Or to share it without setting my Wi-Fi connection as private? Thanks.

stab244, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

1. Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. Cannot access any network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access any network shares: For some reason, and for some time now, my Windows 10 system cannot access any network share. This includes a WD MyCloud and a new Synology NAS. Other computers in my household can connect fine kids gaming PC, laptop and are prompted to sign in with a username and password,...
  3. Cannot connect to any network

Cannot connect to any network: My laptop cannot detect any type of network or wifi. I already tried disabling and enabling the network adapter but it did not work. I also tried to uninstall and install the adapter but it did not work as well. Even the network reset did not work. How do I fix this?...
  4. Cannot connect to network shares

Cannot connect to network shares: I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by all networked computers. Some shares cannot be accessed by any networked computer. When pointing to the share, the following...
  5. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update: Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB. These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on...
  6. Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update

Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update: We had this issue on our Dell Latitudes after we performed latest windows 10 2004 feature update where several applications such as Skype for Business & Outlook can't sense network connectivity until you disable and re-enable the network card interface as shown below:...
  7. File Sharing after Windows 10 2004 update

File Sharing after Windows 10 2004 update: My Windows 10 desktop was recently updated to version 2004 OS build 19041. Since then the desktop and my Windows 10 laptop which has not been updated to version 2004 have been unable to share files over my wifi network as before. I've tried re-setting up the file sharing as...
  8. Cannot access any network shares from Windows 10.

Cannot access any network shares from Windows 10.: I host some network shares via samba on an Ubuntu server, for my local network, and I'm not able to access it. Originally I assumed it was a problem with the samba server, but after trying many things, and searches all leading to dead ends, I eventually tried using a...
  9. Cannot connect to any network

Cannot connect to any network: Hi, i own an HP 620 laptop i was using it on windows 10 32 bit for months and it worked flawlessly but last week i couldnt connect to any wifi, when trying to connect to a wifi the network adapter seems to shut down as the light turns off and network icon on the tray shows an...
  10. Cannot acccess any network share

Cannot acccess any network share: Hello everyone, I installed windows 10 today, and I wanned to access my NAS, I couldn't he gave me a error. I have Two Nas devices and he refuses to connect with both. The error msg is the attachements, it is in dutch, this is the english translation: "\\...