Windows 10: Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine.

Discus and support Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop beginning of this month, installed some games, everything worked fine. Few weeks ago I tried playing games like rainbow six... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kriteshg, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Kriteshg Win User

Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine.

I bought a new laptop beginning of this month, installed some games, everything worked fine. Few weeks ago I tried playing games like rainbow six seige, gta online, they worked fine. Yesterday I tried playing six seige again but it was forever stuck on matchmaking. Tried other games like apex legends, cod warzone, gta online, they dont seem to be working as well. In the period, I updated drivers of nvidia and windows. I tried all the standard things like resetting the router, troubleshooting, reinstalling games still to no avail. I think the issue is not with the internet but a software one. A

:)

Kriteshg, Jun 24, 2021
  2. quaductas Win User

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

Without having changed any settings, I can't access the Internet anymore through my laptop running Windows 10. Every browser tells me the connection has timed out. I can connect to the router and other devices on the network are not affected. Windows tells me that I am "connected to the Internet" but apparently, that's no help. It doesn't seem to work through other WiFi networks or ethernet either.

ping google.com works fine and surfing by IP address does not help.
    I tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting IP configuration with no avail. I couldn't find a problem in the network settings either. I tried about anything suggested on this website.
    I hope someone of you has any idea as to what could resolve the issue. Thanks.

Update

So it turns out I can access google websites such as google.com or youtube, but nothing else. I tried some of the suggestions I found online, but nothing worked. Ideas?

quaductas, Jun 24, 2021
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine.

Internet Connection is not working on Game Windows 10

Hi,

We need few details to assist you better,

1. Are you playing online games?

2. Do you face this issue only with this game?

3. Are using Edge or internet explorer to play game?

The most common cause is a missing or outdated add-on that’s needed to play the game. Most online games are based on Silverlight, Flash and do require Internet Explorer add-ons to function.

In most cases, ensuring that you have the latest updates for Windows, Internet Explorer and any Internet Explorer add-ons can help resolve most issues.

As initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button , then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

For games that use Silverlight, issues can be resolved by updating to the latest version of Silverlight

Install the latest version of Silverlight and then make sure Silverlight is enabled in Internet Explorer.

And also we suggest you to Enable Flash Player and check,

Adobe Flash Player End of Life

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps you to play game with good internet connection.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine.

1. Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect online

2. cannot connect to online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to online games: Online gaming Connectivity Issues but Browser Works I've had this gaming pc for about 3 years now and ive never ran into any issues in terms of speed or running my gamesAbout a week ago now ive been experiencing connectivity issues with online gamesLeague of Legendsgames wont...
  3. cannot connect to online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot connect to online games: Online gaming Connectivity Issues but Browser Works I've had this gaming pc for about 3 years now and ive never ran into any issues in terms of speed or running my gamesAbout a week ago now ive been experiencing connectivity issues with online gamesLeague of Legendsgames wont...
  4. My PC will not connect to online games, the internet works perfectly fine but when it comes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will not connect to online games, the internet works perfectly fine but when it comes...: My PC will not connect to online games, the internet works perfectly fine but when it comes to connecting online it wont how do i fix this? I need an option that will cost me no money because all the solutions I've seen usually end up me having to pay...
  5. My PC will not connect to online games, the internet works perfectly fine but when it comes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will not connect to online games, the internet works perfectly fine but when it comes...: My PC will not connect to online games, the internet works perfectly fine but when it comes to connecting online it wont how do i fix this? I need an option that will cost me no money because all the solutions I've seen usually end up me having to pay...
  6. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  7. INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS

INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS: Hello, Good Day! My WiFi works fine .When I connect my WiFi it to laptop , it gets connected but it shows no internet access . But internet works. I can browse google, play games and watch videos in youtube and stream netflix in my laptop. Network icon shows no internet....
  8. I can't connect to any online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any online game: I had to switch the windows 10 account because everything crashed and I couldn't do anything. Now when I am trying to connect to any video game server, no matter the platform origin, steam, u-play and etc or the kind of online game it is. I just can't....
  9. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.: Hello, After updating to Windows 10 1909 I cannot use Windows update. Internet connection works fine, but when I check for updates, I get the following error message: We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still...
  10. Cannot ping or tracert But internet works fine...

Cannot ping or tracert But internet works fine...: Computer gets online fine, can not ping or tracert. Tried default DNS and custom 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4. Problem persist with AV on or off. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>tracert google.com...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Online games not working Windows 10