Windows 10: Cannot connect to certian websites?

Discus and support Cannot connect to certian websites? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, we've had an issue where certain websites are not connecting. we are getting a connection reset error on Chrome, and a Cannot connect because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott P. Renton, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to certian websites?

Recently, we've had an issue where certain websites are not connecting. we are getting a connection reset error on Chrome, and a Cannot connect because of security issues on Edge.

The sites are microsoft.com and facebook.com. The issue affects our windows machines, but not iPads, Linux or other os's.

All machines are fully updated. Antivus and anti-spyware are clean.

Any idea what the issue might be?

:)

Scott P. Renton, Feb 6, 2020
  2. GuruAid Win User

Cant connect to certian websites. Win 10

There can be many reasons for the issue you are facing. To help you troubleshoot the issue, please find the link given below and follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned on it:

How to Fix if You Can't Access a Particular Website

Hope this will help you.

GuruAid, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Connection to websites

Hello,

We understand that you are having connection issues with your PC. We would like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How is your PC connected to the internet? Hard wired or wireless?
    • If you are using a wireless connection, are there other devices connected to the internet? Are they having issues as well?
    • If you are using a hard wired connection, have you tried to do any troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you provide us the exact message on your screen when you access any websites?

Here's a
    support article
    that you can check. This provides several troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue regarding network connections in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Cannot connect to certian websites?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to certian websites?

1. Cannot connect to certian websites? - Similar Threads - Cannot connect certian

2. Cannot connect to websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to websites: My internet speed is fine, it's super fast, but I cannot connect to certain websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-websites/61fa1704-c3b1-4bd3-84df-abb748cda878
  3. Cannot connect to websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to websites: My internet speed is fine, it's super fast, but I cannot connect to certain websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-websites/61fa1704-c3b1-4bd3-84df-abb748cda878
  4. Cannot connect to any website, except for basic websites such as Wikipedia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to any website, except for basic websites such as Wikipedia: I have recently been given my schools computer as they weren’t going to use them any more and let us buy them. They had a lot of software tamper protection on it and didn’t remove it for me, so I did it myself. There was a program called Carbon Black. I uninstalled it with...
  5. Cannot connect to any website, except for basic websites such as Wikipedia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to any website, except for basic websites such as Wikipedia: I have recently been given my schools computer as they weren’t going to use them any more and let us buy them. They had a lot of software tamper protection on it and didn’t remove it for me, so I did it myself. There was a program called Carbon Black. I uninstalled it with...
  6. Cannot connect to any website, except for basic websites such as Wikipedia

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot Connect to Certain Websites

Cannot Connect to Certain Websites: This has been a problem for a few months now. Certain websites (like mega.nz and dropbox) will give me a connection error when I try to access them. This is true even if I change browsers, or even use my neighbor's wifi. I know it's not my own wifi, because I can use my...
  8. Cant delete certian files

Cant delete certian files: hey I am currently trying to delete a antivirus that I don't want but when I click the delete button after right clicking there is a error that reads "you need permission from an administrator" or "you need permission from the system". I am a administrator on my system but...
  9. connecting to websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting to websites: When trying to go to a website I frequently get this message: "This site can't be reached. The connection was reset." How do I fix this? My antivirus program is Charter Security Suite and I also have Windows Defender. I suspect there's something wrong with the firewall....
  10. Connecting to a website

Connecting to a website: I am trying to connect to a website I normally go to on a regular basis. Tonight I get the message, "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I don't know a way around it. I can get to the same website on my phone just fine. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get connection error when trying to go to certian sites