Windows 10: Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

Discus and support Cannot connect to Desktop VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so I recently built a new desktop, and purchased a domain, and set up Dynamic DNS on my said desktop. Desktop is Running Windows 10 - 64Bit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanMcGarvey1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

Hey, so I recently built a new desktop, and purchased a domain, and set up Dynamic DNS on my said desktop. Desktop is Running Windows 10 - 64Bit.

So, to start off:

- when I ping my domain from an external location, I do see that the IP Address being pinged is indeed the external IP Address of my home.

- On the home desktop I have set up an "Incoming Connection" through the windows Network Adapter screen. I believe the port that windows uses for it's built in VPN stuff is 1723.

- I have added rules in my Defender Firewall to allow Port 1723 on both TCP and UDP.

- I have added Port Forwarding in my Router to forward port 1723 on both UPD and TCP to my desktop's local static IP Address. The router is set up to Always give my desktop the same IP address based on the MAC Address.

- I have checked with my ISP and they are not blocking any ports

- My Avast Antivirus does not have a firewall activated as I am using the free version.

- The PCWinTech Port Tester application is saying the ports are open (My Local IP address is in the box at the top, not my external IP Address, but if it's coming from PCWinTech's server, it has to hit my external IP First, so that shouldn't be an issue)

- All online Port testers however say that the port is CLOSED.

The Problem:

- When I try to connect to the VPN from my laptop (Winning Windows 7 64-bit on different network), The laptop then responds with "ERROR 807: The Network Connection between Your Computer and The VPN Server Was Interrupted"

- The Laptop's VPN Connetion is set up with mydomainname.com (obviously my actual domain name is used, I'm just not typing it publicly) as the host name, It is set up as a PPTP VPN.

- I type in my VPN Username And Password (which are set up on the desktop), and I leave the Domain field blank, as the Desktop is not part of a domain.

- I have attempted to add the Desktop to the DMZ of the router.

- I have attempted Disabling all Windows Defender Firewalls, Router Firewalls, and my overall antivirus (even though it has no firewall), still with no luck.

Any tips or suggestions? No solution I've found online so far has worked.

:)

SeanMcGarvey1, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 26, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Cannot connect to Desktop VPN :D

P4-630, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

Need help Windows 10 VPN and Remote Desktop Connection

I have a Desktop PC in the office that is running Windows 10 Pro. I've setup a native Windows VPN on the desktop, so that I could Remote Desktop Connect to it through the Internet. It works fine in the office (I can connect to the VPN using my laptop and
    then RDC into the PC). However, I have 2 issues:

• When I connect to the VPN and RDC from home (not connected to the same WiFi network) RDC disconnects after 5 seconds.
    • The VPN ("Incoming Connections" icon in the Network Adapter window) disappears every time I restart my PC. Therefore I have to recreate the VPN every time I restart my PC.

Please advise, how could I solve this issue? I'll be happy with any support as I've been struggling with this for 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Saul

SaulVenskutonis, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

1. Cannot connect to Desktop VPN - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Desktop

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  4. Cannot send Email when connected to VPN

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot send Email when connected to VPN: [IMG]If you have a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection configured or set up on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and you notice that you cannot send email when connected to the VPN, then this post is intended to help you with quick solutions to resolve this issue....
  5. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  6. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  7. Cannot connect to VPN

Cannot connect to VPN: Hi, Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use or is not configured properly”. I have seen many, usually old, posts, but they all have to do with dial-up modems. I am...
  8. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....
  9. VPN CONNECTION

VPN CONNECTION: Have setup a network connection in windows 10 to use with a VPN [FREEVPN.ME] but, when I try to connect, it states 'connecting' and does not say 'connected'. Is this a firewall problem? Anyone familiar with FREEVPN.ME?...
  10. Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection

Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection: I have a VPN connection setup on my Windows 10 laptop on build 10240 which has been working fine for three months.. It has somehow become corrupted so I cannot connect with it, edit it or delete it from within Settings. I also cannot delete or change it from the Network...