Windows 10: Cannot connect to domain error 1355

Discus and support Cannot connect to domain error 1355 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue that I've seen on numerous forums but I've yet to figure out... I cannot connect new or refreshed PCs to the domain. All PCs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JEstep, Aug 16, 2017.

1. JEstep Win User

Cannot connect to domain error 1355

I'm having an issue that I've seen on numerous forums but I've yet to figure out...

I cannot connect new or refreshed PCs to the domain. All PCs on the network are Windows 10, our server is Windows Server 2012. I am using an ethernet connection on the network.

When trying to connect to the domain from the local account I'm advised: "That domain couldn't be found. Check the domain name and try again."
    I've tried both just the name and also the name.local

I've tried disabling the firewall and IPv6 but I CANNOT get this or any new computer connected to the domain..

Any assistance would be appreciated!

:)

JEstep, Aug 16, 2017

2. Windows 10

When joining workstation to domain, I get following error

The machine COMPUTER attempted to join the domain DOMAIN but failed. The error code was 1355.

Workstation = Windows 10 Pro

Server = Windows SBS 2011 Standard

All updates installed

JohannPietersen, Aug 16, 2017
  3. Your device needs the lastest security updates stuck at 99%

Asua corei5, not getting any ‘error’ message, it just has been showing 99% since last night

can’t i just restart my computer?
    Cannot connect to domain error 1355 [​IMG]

THAMONWAN CHANITTARANUN, Aug 16, 2017
  4. JEstep Win User

I'm thinking the issue has to do with the AD DS on the server...Looking into this now

JEstep, Aug 16, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Run a travertine to domain by name and IP can it be reached? Is NetBIOS running on all PCs

Samuria, Aug 16, 2017
  6. JEstep Win User
    NetBios was NOT enabled on this computer, it is now. I ran a tracert to domain name. 30 hops with the last 18 timing out....

JEstep, Aug 16, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    It will need netbios to find the dc 30 hops seems a lot is this a works network is it on the same subnet or another one?

Samuria, Aug 17, 2017
  8. JEstep Win User

Same subnet for this office. I cannot ping the domain from any computer on my network or on the other subnet but we are all logged in... The service "MSSQLServerADHelper100" has stopped running and I cannot get it back up. Could this be a problem?

JEstep, Aug 17, 2017
  9. JEstep Win User
    Solved. DNS on Server lost IP address. Cisco Router was not passing DNS server to clients.

JEstep, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to domain error 1355 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect domain

2. Getting 1355 error data1.cab same error with other disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting 1355 error data1.cab same error with other disks: Hi,So I have recently purchased a new Windows 11 laptop. I want to install older software, from disk, but in most cases this fails with a 1355 cab corrupt error. I have also noticed, using other tools, that the cabs are showing up as having checksum errors.These disks all...
  3. Getting 1355 error data1.cab same error with other disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting 1355 error data1.cab same error with other disks: Hi,So I have recently purchased a new Windows 11 laptop. I want to install older software, from disk, but in most cases this fails with a 1355 cab corrupt error. I have also noticed, using other tools, that the cabs are showing up as having checksum errors.These disks all...
  4. Cannot connect error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect error: Please help. I cannot connect to web pages, OneDrive, YourPhone, Microsoft account, without an error. It was not specific at first. Now it says invalid cert. I've tried the date and time, nothing shows wrong on the troubleshooter, I've reset the computer and it's gotten...
  5. Cannot connect error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect error: Please help. I cannot connect to web pages, OneDrive, YourPhone, Microsoft account, without an error. It was not specific at first. Now it says invalid cert. I've tried the date and time, nothing shows wrong on the troubleshooter, I've reset the computer and it's gotten...
  6. Cannot connect error

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Error connection client to new domain.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error connection client to new domain.: I'm new working with server and i'm trying to connection a client with a new domain. The name of this domain is for example: microsoft and complete name is microsoft.com. In my client dns i change it the first one for the IP of my Server. So when i try to join the client to...
  8. cannot connect to the update service- was on a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to the update service- was on a domain: Getting message - we couldn't connect to the update service. Also : some settings are managed by your organization. This PC was on a domain to a company that no longer exists. What can I do to be able to get updates?...
  9. No internet and cannot connect to domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and cannot connect to domain: I have several Lenovo N23 computers and I am having serious issues with our internet connectivity. Recently, all the computers are unable to join the domain and have no connectivity to the internet. The problem is further compounded because these computers do not have an...
  10. Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.: At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot join domain win10 code 1355