Windows 10: Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update

Discus and support Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rwkr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld0i3x/cannot_connect_to_internet_after_recent_windows/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rwkr, Feb 5, 2021.

1. /u/rwkr Win User

Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update

/u/rwkr, Feb 5, 2021

2. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update

No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update

1. Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Cannot connect internet

2. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  3. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  4. Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet: Hello All,Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have performed the steps below to solve the issue:- Uninstalled two window updates installed on Oct-16- Performed a system restore by selecting a date before the...
  5. Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet: Hello All,Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have performed the steps below to solve the issue:- Uninstalled two window updates installed on Oct-16- Performed a system restore by selecting a date before the...
  6. Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internet connection not recognized by os after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection not recognized by os after most recent update.: My active internet connection is not recognized by my os. Update setting does not recognize active connection; shows network status as not connected. Store will not connect. Games will not connect. Task bar icon shows not connected. Yet Internet works. Am using my laptop to...
  8. after updating to windows 10 i cannot connect to internet

after updating to windows 10 i cannot connect to internet: the system ask me to restart for updating. then after updating i cannot connect with websites. it shows internet access but i cannot able to access the internet. it shows me your connection is interrupted....
  9. Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet: My computer updated last night with KB 4559309. Now it will connect to the router, but will not connect to the internet. The taskbar indicator shows the world with 'x'. I have 3 other computers, both wireless and LAN connected, that all work fine. I have tried: Reset...
  10. VPN not connecting after windows 10 recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VPN not connecting after windows 10 recent update: Recently Windows 10 got updated. After update, the VPN has stopped getting connected. Tried other VPN services but it isnt working. Also deleted and reloaded the VPN app. Nothing seems to be working. Can anybody provide an effective solution....