Windows 10: Cannot connect to internet apps

Discus and support Cannot connect to internet apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, for the past 36 hours I have been having problems connecting to the internet via several apps. This includes Windows Update & uTorrent. Also.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by and3w, Nov 12, 2020.

1. and3w Win User

Cannot connect to internet apps

Hi all, for the past 36 hours I have been having problems connecting to the internet via several apps. This includes Windows Update & uTorrent.
    Also. I can connect to my work e-mail account via 365 in a browser, but the 'Outlook' app on my desktop won't sync, although it WILL sync the other 2 accounts (Hotmail & Gmail) in the app!!

I can connect to 99% of websites when browsing. I have tried restarting both computer & router with no joy.

I have checked my Firewall and can't see anything wrong/different there.

Modem is a TalkTalk branded D-LINK DSL-3782. I connect via an ethernet cable, not wifi.

Windows 10 Pro - Ver 20H2 - build 19042.572

Any help would be gratefully accepted *Smile

Andy

:)

and3w, Nov 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Cannot connect to internet apps

Apps from Windows store 10 do not connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet and browse?
    • Is this issue specific to Windows Store apps?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: If installed from the Windows store try to run a
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: Run inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    • Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to internet apps

1. Cannot connect to internet apps - Similar Threads - Cannot connect internet

2. Windows store apps cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store apps cannot connect to the internet: Suddenly all apps from windows store and some others can't connect anymore.In the event viewer I see the Microsoft store app crashes at combase.dll, exception code 80090305.Even my own C# code crashes on HttpClient request with "Cannot establish SSL".Meanwhile browsers works...
  3. Windows store apps cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store apps cannot connect to the internet: Suddenly all apps from windows store and some others can't connect anymore.In the event viewer I see the Microsoft store app crashes at combase.dll, exception code 80090305.Even my own C# code crashes on HttpClient request with "Cannot establish SSL".Meanwhile browsers works...
  4. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works but apps cannot connect to it: After leaving my computer for the last week I came back and now none of my apps can connect to the internet except for google chrome. My internet is perfect, I've tried to check a ton of different things but nothing works. My guess is the security update that was installed...
  5. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet works but apps cannot connect to it: After leaving my computer for the last week I came back and now none of my apps can connect to the internet except for google chrome. My internet is perfect, I've tried to check a ton of different things but nothing works. My guess is the security update that was installed...
  6. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. apps cannot connect to the internet

apps cannot connect to the internet: apps cannot connect to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-cannot-connect-to-the-internet/8a2ba37e-5d4d-475c-88aa-cf4b92be732d
  8. internet connected but apps cannot connect

internet connected but apps cannot connect: It started 3 days ago when I turned on my computer, everything seemed to be functioning properly, however once it got to starting programs like steam, origin, epic games launcher, and discord, they would all give me the same response. They all failed to go online, I began to...
  9. some apps cannot connect to internet or connection is unstable

some apps cannot connect to internet or connection is unstable: please i need help my laptop is cannot many application like line pc, instagram pc, or facebook , and game in steam or like fortnite i dont know what is the problem because i just log in few days ago and its open, but now its keep says that is network is unstable...
  10. Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet

Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet: Microsoft Edge, Windows Store, and Cortana, as well as most Microsoft apps, cannot connect to the internet. When I try to open the Windows Store it will not open and I get an Error message, 0x80072EE7. When I try to use Edge I get an error message that says, “This...