Windows 10: cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

Discus and support cannot connect to internet in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All,Am hoping somebody can help with this rather irritating query. I currently have a Dell laptop, which is connected to the internet, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marek_006, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Marek_006 Win User

cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

Dear All,Am hoping somebody can help with this rather irritating query. I currently have a Dell laptop, which is connected to the internet, using Wi-Fi. It has worked for many years. However, now it only works if I connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable. The cable is not very long. Why is it, that when I used to have these problems before, I could simply go to the PC Settings menu, click on Show Available Networks, and I would be shown a long list of networks, the topmost of which was mine. Now, though, when I go to the PC Settings menu, click on Show Available Networks, the syst

:)

Marek_006, Oct 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Oct 21, 2021
  4. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

windows 10 and internet connection

Hi Mohamed,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All
      located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter
    • Follow the Onscreen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

1. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot connect internet

2. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  3. Cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to the internet: From today my laptop has been showing this problem, it shows that it is connected to the wifi, but none of the browser or the app are connecting, i tried to renew my ip address but it says 'no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media...
  4. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to internet in Windows 10: Dear All,Am hoping somebody can help with this rather irritating query. I currently have a Dell laptop, which is connected to the internet, using Wi-Fi. It has worked for many years. However, now it only works if I connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable. The cable is...
  5. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot connect to internet in Windows 10: Dear All,Am hoping somebody can help with this rather irritating query. I currently have a Dell laptop, which is connected to the internet, using Wi-Fi. It has worked for many years. However, now it only works if I connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable. The cable is...
  6. Windows cannot connect to the Internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows cannot connect to the Internet: I have been using Windows Security. My computer would not connect to the internet, it showed the router but no connection. The trouble shooter would not solve the problem. I got a warning that the firewall was off. When I went to the settings and then security it shows no...
  7. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLVED] Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.: Windows simply will not connect to the internet. Neither wifi nor ethernet is working for internet access. To make it more confusing I am fully connected to my lan. I can ping and ssh to my server and all containers, the router can be pinged and hit through the browser. All...
  8. Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.: Windows simply will not connect to the internet. Neither wifi nor ethernet is working for internet access. To make it more confusing I am fully connected to my lan. I can ping and ssh to my server and all containers, the router can be pinged and hit through the browser. All...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet: My computer updated last night with KB 4559309. Now it will connect to the router, but will not connect to the internet. The taskbar indicator shows the world with 'x'. I have 3 other computers, both wireless and LAN connected, that all work fine. I have tried: Reset...
  10. Cannot connect to the internet

Cannot connect to the internet: My laptop will not connect to my internet. Ive went into the network and internet settings but it only lets me go into airplane mode and when Itried troubleshooting it said nothing was wrong....