Windows 10: Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720

Discus and support Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is it that on my Windows 10 PC, when I try to connect to the internet with a 3G dongle, it says : ERROR ID : 720. After I minute automate to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nancy2019, Jan 29, 2019.

1. nancy2019 Win User

Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720

Why is it that on my Windows 10 PC, when I try to connect to the internet with a 3G dongle, it says : ERROR ID : 720. After I minute automate to connect to internet.

However, the same dongle works fine on a PC running Windows 8.1

What does the error message mean? How do you “automate to connect to internet”?

:)

nancy2019, Jan 29, 2019
  2. pranzal Win User

Connect 3G dongle internet to lumia520 over wifi with a desktop

Yes i want to share internet from pc to my phone over wifi...and the pc will be connected with a 3g dongle...I want to know whether it is possible ? Can i create wifi hotspot in the pc which have only dongle internet.?

pranzal, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Dongle is working properly but showing no internet

Hi Monica,

Just to clarify, are you using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet instead of the built in WiFi adapter of your device? Or are you using a desktop PC and is the WiFi dongle to connect to the internet? For now, what we can suggest is to follow all of
    the recommended troubleshooting steps on this article to resolve the issue. Be sure to click
    Show all to see all of the instructions. Please follow all of the recommended so we could troubleshoot further.

If the issue would still persist after doing all of the steps, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device prior to the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jan 29, 2019
  4. dckirba Win User

How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered?

Hi Guys,

I sometimes need to use a 3G USB dongle to connect to the Internet. Windows 10 sees it as a dial-up connection and does not give me any option to set the connection to a metered one. Since this connection is capped at just 2 GB, I really do need to set it up as a metered connection or I'll be paying out of bundle rates in a couple of weeks.

I chatted with a Microsoft help representative, but was told there was no such feature available at the moment. Do any of you have any workarounds for this issue?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Best,

dckirba, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect internet

2. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect: Hello, So recently I got a PC Windows 10 Pro, however I’m having an issue, I use a dongle to connect to my wifi however upon setting my PC up I plugged the dongle in and all it would say is either “cannot connect to this network or Please Enter Network Security Password, I...
  3. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect: Hello, So recently I got a PC Windows 10 Pro, however I’m having an issue, I use a dongle to connect to my wifi however upon setting my PC up I plugged the dongle in and all it would say is either “cannot connect to this network or Please Enter Network Security Password, I...
  4. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection

in Windows 10 News
    VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When using VPN software on Windows 10/8/7, it is very likely that you may encounter an error – Error 720, Error connecting to a VPN Connection, A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. This guide will tell [...] This post VPN Error 720 –...
  6. Connection error 720 broadband network

Connection error 720 broadband network: Good evening/morning, I am trying to connect the broadband network (via settings<dial-up<new connection After putting all the relevant information and hitting enter, I get an error 720 saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to...
  7. Error ID : 734 when trying to connect to the internet

Error ID : 734 when trying to connect to the internet: Why is it suddenly I cannot connect to the internet at all. on my PC All I get is the following message: "ERROR ID : 734 After 1 minute automate to connect to internet" I cannot figure out what that means. After 1 minute what am I supposed to do? How do I "automate"?...
  8. How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered?

How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered?: Hi Guys, I sometimes need to use a 3G USB dongle to connect to the Internet. Windows 10 sees it as a dial-up connection and does not give me any option to set the connection to a metered one. Since this connection is capped at just 2 GB, I really do need to set it up as a...
  9. Cheap solution for failover to 3G Internet?

Cheap solution for failover to 3G Internet?: Occasionally my Internet connection goes down for 30 seconds to a few minutes and occasionally longer than that but I'd like to maintain a connection to the Internet 24/7 for a few specific programs. Would it be possible to connect a 3G mobile data USB adapter to my PC which...
  10. Microsoft account and 3G internet

Microsoft account and 3G internet: Hi Since Windows 10 is out, I would love to update, but I have little issue. I already had it with Windows 8 and that is why I am back on 7. That is with connecting my account to Microsoft account. Problem I have is with internet connection. I use mobile internet via 3/4G...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. d-link connection manager error id=720

2. error id 720

3. windows 10 cannot connect 3g dongle

4. error id 720 3g modem,
  5. error 720 on red net connect