Windows 10: Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, we have a win 10 Pro x64 pc and a win 10 Home x64 pc with the same network configuration. The problem is that we can only connect to our local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Humbledore, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro

Hi,

we have a win 10 Pro x64 pc and a win 10 Home x64 pc with the same network configuration.

The problem is that we can only connect to our local network from the Home machine but not from the Pro machine.

What could be the issue here? Is there anything special in Win Pro that needs to be configured in order to connect?

Or is it something that needs to be set up when using Win Pro?

Thanks!

:)

Humbledore, Dec 9, 2018
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Dec 9, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro

1. Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cannot connect local

2. Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network: I have a home network with several Win 10 Pro PCs. I recently added a used Dell 7040 Micro running a fresh reinstall of Win 10 Pro. The 7040 is not visible to the other Win 10 systems. If, on the 7040, I do Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset and answer Yes...
  3. Cannot connect to Drobo 5N2 with Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to Drobo 5N2 with Win 10 Pro: I have 2 computers Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro connected via Ethernet using a Netgear switch accessing the Internet. Also, on this switch is a printer and a Drobo 5N2 NAS. I can access the printer from both computers, and I can access the NAS from the "Home" computer but not...
  4. Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network: After some searching on the net I have my old PC able to access my new PC. However I cannot access my old PC from my new PC. Any suggestions will be welcome...
  5. Windows 10 pro local networking

Windows 10 pro local networking: ....I can see shared folders but cannot access them on my local ethernet network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-local-networking/47f4c415-1924-4f4e-b850-aa634d9aaa1b
  6. Win 10 pro, network connection

Win 10 pro, network connection: on a Win 10 OS. Wish to set wired connection as default in the office. Wireless is weak, but seams to be the default. Need to change priorities....
  7. Connecting With Other Computers in Local Network with Windows 10 Pro

Connecting With Other Computers in Local Network with Windows 10 Pro: How do I connecting with other computers in local Network in windows 10Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connecting-with-other-computers-in-local-network/cf596f46-bd3f-47db-b212-cf94b0a61bf4
  8. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account: Hello everyone. Normally, I am no slouch in trying to find a solution to a problem with searching the net, but so far I haven't found a solution to my problem. Upgraded my Windows 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. So I started Win 10 with a local account. Which is joined to a...
  9. Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro

Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro: For some reason, I cannot see my networked computers on the network after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I have 4 windows 10 Pro computers on my home network, all was working before the update. Home group network appears to be working. Network Discovery is enabled. Thanks...
  10. Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home

Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home: Back in Win 7, I had my wife's Home PC networked to my Pro PC to share files, etc, through 'Homegroup'. I upgraded to Win 10 on both PCs and now cannot send files from one PC to another. I tried to 'join' Homegroup but I cannot remember the original password. If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i installed windows 10 and cant connect to local server

2. win10 connect to local network

3. CANNOT CONNECT TO WIN10 THROUGH LOCAL NETWORK

4. cannot connect to win10 local network,
  5. connect a win 10 home to win 10 pro computer