Windows 10: Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter

Discus and support Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot connect to Microsoft Display adapter and have tried all these Troubleshooting tips Troubleshooting Microsoft Wireless Display AdapterOne... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sarah Hirstwood, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter

I cannot connect to Microsoft Display adapter and have tried all these Troubleshooting tips Troubleshooting Microsoft Wireless Display AdapterOne person from our work group can connect, he has an older PC - everyone who has newer PC's can no longer connect. I can see the device Windows button + K and then it thinks about it for a while before returning a "cannot connect" message. Please help! I have spent hours on this already and it is VERY frustrating! I repeat, I have tried all the troubleshooting tips before you ask me to do them all again. Thank you.

:)

Sarah Hirstwood, Jul 30, 2021

2. Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connection issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + X.

• Go to Device Manager on your Surface Pro 3.

• Go to Display Adapters.

• Search for Intel (HD) graphics driver.

• Uninstall this graphics driver and reboot your Surface Pro 3.
    After reboot, an updated Intel (HD) graphics driver should be installed. And this driver might be capable to connect to Microsoft’s Wireless Display Adapter.

You can follow the group discussion by clicking on the link.

Microsoft wireless display adapter not connecting to Surface Pro 3

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter

microsoft display adapter

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

I suggest you to update the display adapters as below and check if it helps.

• Right Click Start button and choose Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters
    • Right Click Intel Display Driver and choose update driver software
    • Windows should automatically start downloading and installing new driver
    • Try and connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter

1. Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Microsoft

2. Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter: I have had a MS Display Apter that I recently purchased from the Microsoft Store for about 3 months. It has worked well on my display at my office. I have updated the firmware to the latest, V.2.0.8442-Beginning last week, ALL of the MS Display Adapters 4 of them stopped...
  3. Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Display Adapter: I have had a MS Display Apter that I recently purchased from the Microsoft Store for about 3 months. It has worked well on my display at my office. I have updated the firmware to the latest, V.2.0.8442-Beginning last week, ALL of the MS Display Adapters 4 of them stopped...
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  5. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  6. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cannot connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 1733

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 1733: I have two HP Elitebook 840 G4s, that differ only in the CPU. One has an i5-7300 and the other has an i5-7200Both have Windows 10 22H2 with all updates installedThe laptop with the i5-7300 connects perfectly to the Wireless Display AdapterThe laptop with the i5-7200 cannotI...
  8. Cannot connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 1733

Cannot connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 1733: I have two HP Elitebook 840 G4s, that differ only in the CPU. One has an i5-7300 and the other has an i5-7200Both have Windows 10 22H2 with all updates installedThe laptop with the i5-7300 connects perfectly to the Wireless Display AdapterThe laptop with the i5-7200 cannotI...
  9. Can't Connect To Microsoft Display Adapter

Can't Connect To Microsoft Display Adapter: The other day I was using my MDA with my laptop and tv and it froze up. Everything locked up until it dropped the connection between the tv and laptop. Since then I can't connect to the MDA again. I have been using the same setup for 3 years. I have tried everything I could...
  10. Trouble connection to Microsoft display adapter

Trouble connection to Microsoft display adapter: Plugged the device in HDMI port and the connection screen appeared on the TV. On my laptop (win10) I went to connect and entered the PIN that appeared on TV. Very briefly the name of my laptop popped up on the TV and then the connection failed. I checked the firewall...