Windows 10: Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

Discus and support Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for L:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by socklosk, Feb 20, 2019.

1. socklosk Win User

Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

The above message is from Outlook 2016. It seems as though Windows is blocking the connection for reasons unknown. It was working great, and I tried reinstalling earlier backups of Windows 10 to no avail. I get the same message when I try to connect to my yahoo email account. I also tried reinstalling Office 2016, but again to no avail.

:)

socklosk, Feb 20, 2019

2. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Melvis Win User
    Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

Hi guys,

I have a client with a problem in outlook 2016 with her not been able to do a group email. She said she could just click on the group button on version 2007 outlook and then (I guess) select the group of people you wish to send a email to. But in this new version she cant as the group button or selection is greyed out. I honestly have no clue as I don't use the program but was wondering if anyone on here has any idea?

I have uploaded a pic of a screen shot of her outlook 2016 with the greyed out group option.

If anyone has any clue or suggestions to give me to give to her that would be great *Smile Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird :)

Thanks!

Melvis, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

You might want to hide the address dude.

Frick, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Cannot connect email

2. I am using outlook. it says that there is an error - cannot connect to the server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using outlook. it says that there is an error - cannot connect to the server.: Split from this thread. I am using outlook. it says that there is an error - cannot connect to the server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using-outlook-it-says-that-there-is-an-error/b029ac92-729a-4c2c-ac4f-9ee9db076116
  3. I am using outlook. it says that there is an error - cannot connect to the server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using outlook. it says that there is an error - cannot connect to the server.: Split from this thread. I am using outlook. it says that there is an error - cannot connect to the server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using-outlook-it-says-that-there-is-an-error/b029ac92-729a-4c2c-ac4f-9ee9db076116
  4. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook: Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a...
  5. Connecting Outlook email to POP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting Outlook email to POP server: I have a Windows 7 PC using Windows Live Mail. Using the same connection settings to my POP server, I have tried to connect using Outlook on my new Windows 10 PC. Will not connect. It will also not connect on my Windows 10 laptop. I have also tried with a legacy copy of WLM...
  6. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  7. Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password: I am using Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 PC connecting to Exchange Server on Rackspace. I changed my password and now I cannot access my email. I am able to access with mobile devices, though. The option to REPAIR my email account is greyed out, and CHANGE will not allow...
  8. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  9. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016: Having all sorts of problems. Finally managed to import my thousands of saved emails (had to buy a program to do it) but cannot get them to be sub-folders of the inbox, only down at the bottom as "Outlook data file". Cannot import contacts. I export to csv but they...
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...