Windows 10: Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I am using an asus AC68R that is connected to my Internet modem. I have gone into optionalfeatures.exe and enabled SMB1 Same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SabreSabre, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10

I have Windows 10.

I am using an asus AC68R that is connected to my Internet modem.

I have gone into optionalfeatures.exe and enabled SMB1

Same problem happens on EDGE and Chrome

Edge Version 87.0.664.66 Official build 64-bit

If DELL PC is directly plugged into the router via an ethernet cable everything works.

I can reach the wireless printer.

I can log into the router using 192.168.l.l, and make any adjustments on the router.

I share a drive

If I unplug my PC and try the same thing wirelessly,

I put in 192.168.1.1 and it times out not finding the connection.

I cannot reach my wireless printer.

I think if I fix reaching the 192.168.1.1 wirelessly, the rest will work.

This all works on my Windows 8 machine.

:)

SabreSabre, Dec 19, 2020

2. wireless connection cannot find the wireless router. Sees the wireless printer, not the router.

New HP All-in-One with Windows 10. Using at home, cannot find the wireless router. Sees the wireless printer, not the router. Tried putting the router info in manually to connect, still did not work. I see the other posts' answers, should I try those steps
    with new computer?

BP Dragoncat, Dec 19, 2020
  3. problem sharing printers and drives over wireless network

didnt quite know where to post this, so i just posted it here.

the situation is as following:

i have 3 computers. this desktop and a pair of laptops, one old and one new. both laptops have wireless 802.11g connectivity, the new one has it built in, and the old one uses a wireless d-link network PCMCIA expansion card.
    i use a d-link DI-624 "extreme" 802.11g, 2.4ghz wireless router.

when it comes to basic internet, everything works fine and dandy from the desktop and both laptops. the router acesses the net and dishes out everything it needs to dish out...

i also have two printers, an HP deskjet 840C ink printer and a lexmark E232 laser printer (which is my default and preferred printer), and an external USB2.0 hard drive all hooked up to the desktop computer.

the thing i'm having a problem with is making the external drive and any of the printers available on the wireless network. i've enabled drive and printer sharing, everything that needs to be marked as "shared" is marked as shared, and everything that needs to be turned on is turned on. (at least i think/hope it is...)

but neither of the laptops "see" any of the printers or the external drive.
    i figure its some sort of silly stupid definition that needs to be changed from one thing to another to make it work, but i just dont know what seeing as i am fairly new to the whole "networking" thing...

any help would be greatly appriciated.

spectre440, Dec 19, 2020
  4. El_Mayo Win User

Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10

Can I set up a wireless printer to a wired connection to a router?

Yes the router IS wireless, and so is the printer
    It was straightforward on the laptop cos it has a wireless card/antenna (?) inside it, but my computer does not, it's CONNECTED to a wireless router

El_Mayo, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10

1. Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect router

2. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  3. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  4. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  6. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  7. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  9. how to connect a wireless printer using windows pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect a wireless printer using windows pro: I've tried using the software provided by Hewlett Packard but it continually stops working, especially after a windows update. I want to just connect the printer using Windows only, no HP software. Does anyone know how to do this? I have Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Connecting to a shared drive attached to my router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to a shared drive attached to my router.: I recently found the need to "reset" Windows 10 after several years of operation. In doing so I lost the connection to a backup drive connected to my router. When I attempt to access the router directly I'm told that I have no internet access, which is not the case, nor can...