Windows 10: Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep.

Discus and support Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Qnap NAS drive mapped in windows explorer that I lose connection to after I resume my laptop from sleep. I have to reboot to connect to it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jonnied12, Oct 22, 2020.

1. jonnied12 Win User

Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep.

I have a Qnap NAS drive mapped in windows explorer that I lose connection to after I resume my laptop from sleep.
    I have to reboot to connect to it again.
    I know this issue has been discussed many times before and I have tried all solutions to no avail.
    I'm on the windows version 20H2 (19042.572).
    I think the issue started after the 19041 update.
    I get this error.
    If anyone has found a solid fix, I would appreciate the help.
    Thanks

Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep. [​IMG]

:)

jonnied12, Oct 22, 2020

2. One computer is dropping NAS connections

I've got several computers in my office, and just two weeks ago one (only one) of them will drop network connection to the NAS drive each night when it goes to sleep. When you try to reconnect, it tells you the NAS is unavailable, even though I can ping
    the NAS directly from that host. The only solution I can find is to delete the network location, then re-add it back in again, which then it connects fine, all day no issues until the computer goes to sleep again that night. Any suggestions?

BetlegeuseKC, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Peters48 Win User
    RPC error: cannot connect to NAS drive

Since upgrading from Win7(64) to Win10(64), I have been unable to connect to my NAS drive (\\NET_DRIVE). While I can see the drive in windows for mapping a drive, File Explorer and Network Sharing, when I try to map the drive, I get the following error:
    \\NET_DRIVE is not accessible.... A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

• The NAS drive is connected to my WiFi router, not to a remote computer.
    • The user profile I'm using has administrative rights
    • This problem did not occur when running Windows 7. It started when I upgraded to Windows 10
    How can I fix this so I can access my NAS drive?

Peters48, Oct 22, 2020
  4. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect nas

2. Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver: Hi. I hope you can help me with regards to this constant issue I have been having. My laptop sometimes doesn't shut down fully or when it enters sleep mode or screensaver mode screen turns off, then the fans ramp up to constant maximum and no matter what I do, the screen...
  3. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled): [ATTACH] Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909. I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly, fans would start up every so often, laptop would suddenly wake up completely with screen coming on, closing the lid would wake...
  4. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep: To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and...
  5. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  6. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  7. Cannot login to the PC after resuming Windows from Sleep/Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot login to the PC after resuming Windows from Sleep/Hibernate mode: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login background (its the same so I cannot tell which one...
  8. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  9. Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.: Hi all, got a bit of an annoying issue I'd like help troubleshooting. Updated my old laptop from 7 pro to 10 pro (x64). All went pretty smooth. However my wi-fi is being a bit temperamental. After boot up, reboot or resume from sleep the wi-fi does not automatically...
  10. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...