Windows 10: cannot connect to NAS

Discus and support cannot connect to NAS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jones Ashley, Dec 6, 2018.

1. cannot connect to NAS

After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network.

The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials.

But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it.

I know that my credentials are correct.

:)

Jones Ashley, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 6, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Dec 6, 2018
  4. emelsom Win User

cannot connect to NAS

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

cannot connect to NAS

1. cannot connect to NAS - Similar Threads - cannot connect NAS

2. AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive: Till now we could log onto to our local NAS server from all our computers. Now comes WIndows 11 Pro with Azure AD and nothing works. We are having huge problems with this garbage Can someone help us with a fix for this...
  3. NAS connection intermittent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS connection intermittent: Hello Everybody! I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs. This one particular PC is losing the connection to our NAS every once in a while for no apparent reason and then it restores itself in a day or two have to reconnect the drives...
  4. One PC in network cannot connect to other devices and NAS

One PC in network cannot connect to other devices and NAS: Have tried everything in this Windows 10 piece of _____! v 1909 One PC cannot connect to any other device or the NAS's I have. Two other PC's can connect to anything with no problems. All appear to have same update, etc. Turned SMB1 off and on in all devices. No...
  5. Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS: Hello, I’m in bit of a trouble here. I have a WD MyCloud NAS which is connected to my local network over a static IP (192.168.0.107) setup within my router DHCP settings. Everything works as expected from my mac and the NAS is easily accessible from there, but my Windows 10...
  6. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  7. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...
  8. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...
  9. nas connect problem

nas connect problem: using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to map the drive C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not...
  10. Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS

Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit box as my NAS Storage Spaces, ReFS, 2 drives mirrored HomeGroup HDD sleep on idle Hibernate/Sleep disabled My problem is when I typically save or open a file with the Windows file dialog on any Windows 10 machine, and I try to go to that...