Windows 10: Cannot connect to network drive through explorer but can through IP

Discus and support Cannot connect to network drive through explorer but can through IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue connecting to a couple of networked computers out of six on a WORKGROUP network. I can ping the connection and connect with run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kmacson, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Kmacson Win User

Cannot connect to network drive through explorer but can through IP

I have an issue connecting to a couple of networked computers out of six on a WORKGROUP network. I can ping the connection and connect with run \\192.xxx.x.x but when trying to access with Explorer/Network and visible connection i get a "cannot access" 0x80070035

I started TCP/IP Netbios helper services and enabled Netbios TCP/IP in IPv4 settings.

Additionally I deleted the MSLicensing entry in the registry

Sharing is enabled on PC that I am trying to connect, password sharing is off, and the computer is visible to all computers on network. All computers have connection issues.

I have success connecting to two Window Server 2016 servers. I am not running a Domain Server just a WORKGROUP

At a bit of a loss here.

:)

Kmacson, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Castiel Win User
    PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Oct 31, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Cannot connect to network drive through explorer but can through IP [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Cannot connect to network drive through explorer but can through IP [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to network drive through explorer but can through IP - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  3. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  4. Cannot connect to the Internet through a specific network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to the Internet through a specific network: To check if my laptop Acer Aspire - 3 had any problems, I went to Hardware and Devices, right clicked on my device icon and clicked Troubleshoot. The troubleshooter showed that Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 is disabled. Hence, I went to Device Manager, enabled it...
  5. Connect/play through wifi/network speaker

Connect/play through wifi/network speaker: Hey, I have a bose soundlink connected to my household wifi network. I have recently bought a new hp pavilion with windows 10 installed. On any mobile or apple device when playing music you can hit the airplay button and select the bose speaker. Therefore anyone can play...
  6. Cannot connect to internet through SOME wifi

Cannot connect to internet through SOME wifi: So my laptop, which is a Lenovo Legion Y520, can't connect to the internet through the instaconnect wifi. It can connect to the wifi, but it says no internet. However, some of my other devices work very well on the same wifi. What confuses me is that the Lenovo Legion Y520...
  7. Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home edition in my laptop. I am able to connect to my home network through LAN cable but when I am trying to connect to my home network through WIFI, I am unable to connect. I have tried troubleshooting. I have tried disabling and enabling...
  8. I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help

I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help: I have a lenovo yoga 710 and I think I had a virus on it that was installed through onedrive. I know this because I have not transferred any documents from my old computer, but after opening onedrive, and downloading some pictures, the background of my yoga changed to the...
  9. Suddenly no connection through ethernet, "Unidentified network"

Suddenly no connection through ethernet, "Unidentified network": Hello everyone! So just recently I started experiencing a problem where I couldn't connect to the internet and when I would click on the little ethernet connection icon it would say "unidentified network". Upon trouble shooting it through windows' included troubleshooter, it...
  10. Cannot access Network drive by IP

Cannot access Network drive by IP: As the title, my Windows 10 Enterprise PC cannot access to my company's network storage at \\10.63.0.250. In the previous edition like windows 7 or 8, I can access easily by enter \\10.63.0.250 in the Address box in File Explorer or in Run windows (Window button + R)....