Windows 10: Cannot connect to network shares

Discus and support Cannot connect to network shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by giiancarlo, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Cannot connect to network shares

I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by all networked computers. Some shares cannot be accessed by any networked computer. When pointing to the share, the following error statement is gotten, "An error occurred while reconnecting X: to //pc/share Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use."The pc's whose share cannot be accessed has an internet connection over

:)

giiancarlo, Apr 27, 2021

2. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Apr 27, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot connect to network shares

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Cannot connect to network shares [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Cannot connect to network shares [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Cannot connect to network shares

1. Cannot connect to network shares - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  3. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  4. Network share printer not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  5. Cannot access network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  6. Cannot Connect to Network Share on Windows2008 R2

Cannot Connect to Network Share on Windows2008 R2: Hi I have an Laptop Running Windows10 Build 1809 - And A Windows2008 R2 Running running Role as Fileserver Suddenly I cannot connect to that server at File share I removed all drives through explorer - made sure no one else is mapped through net use * /delete But I sure...
  7. Network Sharing and Connecting

Network Sharing and Connecting: I'm Not Able To Connect Other Devices In Same Wifi Network I Tried To Change My PC Settings But Still Facing Same Issue. Can Anyone Suggest Me what I Should Do To Solve This Problem So I Can See Other Device Data and To Use Printer As Well....
  8. Sharing network connection

Sharing network connection: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home...
  9. Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.: At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410,...
  10. Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share

Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share: Hey folks, I've got an issue that's been bugging me since windows 7. I've got a debian server on my network running samba and plex. I usually add media to it through samba from my windows computers. Only now with my laptop, I'm having a strange issue. Every time I try to...