Windows 10: Cannot connect to network

Discus and support Cannot connect to network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded to a new network at home. The new router supplied is a Linksys Velop WHW 03 v2. I have easily found the new router and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenTye, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to network

I've recently upgraded to a new network at home.

The new router supplied is a Linksys Velop WHW 03 v2.

I have easily found the new router and connected with 2 laptops and 2 mobile phones, no problem.

However my PC Acer running an up to date Windows 10 system will not find the new router, although it has no problem finding and connecting to my old router BTHub 4-HNRW. I have carried out a network reset, and run the network diagnostic, which shows all is working normally.

Clearly I'm missing something - any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

StephenTye, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Cannot connect to network

Error message "cannot connect to network"

Hi Luka,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persist, I suggest you to try running Internet connection troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Networks and internet.

• Select Internet Connection.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to network

1. Cannot connect to network - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. Cannot connect to network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to network.: I am told by Comcast that the reason my Lenovo cannot connect to the internet is due to a Microsoft issue. My network connection choices do not include my network....
  3. Cannot connect to network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to network.: I am told by Comcast that the reason my Lenovo cannot connect to the internet is due to a Microsoft issue. My network connection choices do not include my network....
  4. Cannot connect to network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot connect to this network

Cannot connect to this network: I have two Win10 PC's: PC1 and PC2On PC1 I am able to connect to both the WiFi and the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct =everything works fine.Since a short time back I am NOT able to connect to the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct.Trying to fix the problem with the Samsung...
  6. Cannot connect to this network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to this network: Hi my wireless usb is working just fine but i cannot connect to the wifi, i keep getting the message shown in the title, nothing ive found seems to work and i hope that you all can help me submitted by /u/saucymeme-boi [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I am suddenly unable to connect to my home Wifi network. This is a new and sudden issue. No recent windows or driver updates. New wireless adapter purchased and also unable to connect. The PC checks network requirements and then fails to connect. Old adapter is a TP-Link...
  8. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I had Windows 10 installed a week ago and it worked fine without internet connection issues until a few days later. I can never seem to reconnect to WiFi after a disconnection occurs and it requires me to restart my laptop every time it occurs to be establish a network...
  9. cannot connect to a network

cannot connect to a network: after updating my pc the network status shows only as a line. and the only error I'm getting is couldn't detect proxy settings which tried to turn on the settings but it automatically turns off. no uninstalling the update didn't help and troubleshooting didn't help either....
  10. Cannot connect to this network

Cannot connect to this network: Hey guys so I updated my computer with the latest windows and it now cannot connect to the wifi anymore. I've tried reinstalling the network adapter, forgetting the network, cycling the modem. It comes up with the password for the wifi, I type it in then it tries for a...