Windows 10: Cannot connect to our company's Exchange server after upgrading to W10

Discus and support Cannot connect to our company's Exchange server after upgrading to W10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1) begin of last week and since Outlook 2013 on my system cannot connect to our company's Exchange server anymore, at... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mmo, Dec 13, 2015.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Cannot connect to our company's Exchange server after upgrading to W10

I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1) begin of last week and since Outlook 2013 on my system cannot connect to our company's Exchange server anymore, at least not while on the "internet". If I'm inside the company network or I connect via VPN everything works fine. Before that I was able to connect from "anywhere". *Sad

The network and firewall people claim, they haven't changed anything. It might of course simply be a stupid coincidence, but I think that is quite unlikely, so I suspect, that the Windows 10 upgrade brought some change in networking, connection setup, encryption, authentication or whatever that now prevents me from connecting to the Exchange server from outside our company network.

Being disconnected from Email (or requiring to always be connected via VPN) is a nuisance. Any ideas or suggestions what could cause this and how to remediate this?

:)

2. APN and Proxy

Our Company make use of their own APN. By selecting the APN as my Internet connection I can setup Active Sync to synchronize directly with our exchange server on my HTC S710. Because it is a Smartphone the connections options are limited. So to browse
    the internet I need to tell IE to make use of the Work connection which is configure with my service provider and the I can browse the internet as well as sync Exchange. But when using applications like MSN Live or Leaf Locate I cannot make a connection because
    these programs by default use the Internet connection, and in this case are configured to use our companies APN. The company uses a proxy /firewall server to connect to the internet, so if someone can help met in setting up a proxy on my Smartphone (WM6) I
    can make these applications to use our internet connection

Stephan H Botha, Dec 13, 2015
  3. XiangGao Win User
    Windows Phone connection to Exhange not possible (80072F06)

It's ridiculous.... What we know is that when I am using iphone or android phone, we can connect our Company's exchange server without bothering our IT people and when I am using a Windows Phone, I have to beg our IT people to offer help and further more,
    they find they cannot solve this silly 80072f06 problem at all.

It is my phone, and it is our company's email system, pls let me and my people to judge what is secure or not.

XiangGao, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

Cannot connect to our company's Exchange server after upgrading to W10

1. Cannot connect to our company's Exchange server after upgrading to W10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect company's

2. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  3. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  4. PowerShell with Exchange Online - After a number of requests to the Exchange Online server,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell with Exchange Online - After a number of requests to the Exchange Online server,...: Hello, I have a PowerShell script that uses an Azure AD account with an Exchange Online license Plan 1 to connect.The script works as follows: create a loop which, for each security group, retrieves the mailbox addresses a second loop is performed if there is more than one...
  5. PowerShell with Exchange Online - After a number of requests to the Exchange Online server,...

PowerShell with Exchange Online - After a number of requests to the Exchange Online server,...: Hello, I have a PowerShell script that uses an Azure AD account with an Exchange Online license Plan 1 to connect.The script works as follows: create a loop which, for each security group, retrieves the mailbox addresses a second loop is performed if there is more than one...
  6. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  7. Exchange Server

Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  8. W10 cannot connect to any Microsoft servers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    W10 cannot connect to any Microsoft servers: Hi everyone,From a few days ago, I can't connect to any Microsoft service on my W10 laptop. More precisely:On Microsoft Store I get the "Try that again" screen, Code: 0x80131500. I've already tried different solutions, like wsreset.exe and the store troubleshooter, but none...
  9. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  10. BSOD Exchange Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Exchange Server: Got a BSOD on an Exchange server today, Windows 2008 R2. I was just looking around the exchange management console and the machine disconnected me, I went into VMWare, opened the console and it had BSOD on me. I managed to run the minidump file in windbg and get the...