Windows 10: Cannot connect to Outlook account.

Discus and support Cannot connect to Outlook account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and office 365. I am trying to add my newly created outlook email account to outlook. It asks for my password for my outlook.com... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JCG1968, Mar 4, 2019.

1. JCG1968 Win User

Cannot connect to Outlook account.

I have Windows 10 and office 365. I am trying to add my newly created outlook email account to outlook. It asks for my password for my outlook.com email address. I use the same one I use for my microsoft account. Nothing happens and it keeps returning to a blank password box -- not even a "Sorry! that is incorrect". Nada. Help!

:)

JCG1968, Mar 4, 2019
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Cannot connect to Outlook account. [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Mar 5, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Cannot connect to Outlook account.

Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect to Outlook account.

1. Cannot connect to Outlook account. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Outlook

2. Cannot log into outlook due to old account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot log into outlook due to old account: When I purchased this pc, we linked the windows 10 license to his account. A year later, I took a job that required me to use Outlook for the first time and I think... linked to their windows licenses but for sure their outlook. I am no longer with that job. I am trying to...
  3. Cannot connect outlook to IMAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect outlook to IMAP: Hello,I am running our of options. I cannot add a new email account to Outlook IMAPI asked the hosting company. We have run multiple tests together. They do not know what the issue is.I tried everything disabling add-ins, changing passwords, disabling firewalls etc..Do you...
  4. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  5. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  6. Cannot Add Account Image In Outlook 365

Cannot Add Account Image In Outlook 365: I have been trying for a few days, but I cannot add an account image in Outlook 365. I get the following error. The photo couldn't be uploaded at this time. Please try again. [img] [img] 158627
  7. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  8. Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365

Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365: I had to delete and start fresh with my Outlook profile due to Dragon Medical Practice Edition corrupting my Outlook file. Long story... I was able to add my Outlook.com and one of my Exchange email accounts. However, I cannot add my health system's Exchange account. It...
  9. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  10. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook windows 10 cannot connect to cox account