Windows 10: Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect

Discus and support Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys Sorry to have to ask, but after months I still cannot access the media PC from any PC aside from mine. We have 7 Windows PC's plus phones. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by foxint, Jul 27, 2019.

1. foxint Win User

Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect

Hi Guys
    Sorry to have to ask, but after months I still cannot access the media PC from any PC aside from mine. We have 7 Windows PC's plus phones. The kids (and I) would like to access the media PC from their devices. ALL Win 10.

I can access the media PC from my PC (UD5) but that is all. I can access everything on the network.

We can see the PC (called ebay7753 - I got it from eBay) but when we try to access the files we get "username or password is incorrect".

Here is my first dumb question:

1. I am using the username on the PC that I am on - is this correct?
    2. I am using the password that I "think" is the network password.

Then - username or password is incorrect

Hope you can help?? Thank you

:)

foxint, Jul 27, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

Ive had the same issues. I think it has to do with the way Windows 7 handles the workgroup.

TheMailMan78, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Abhizz Win User

Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computers

I have a problem in connecting the network computers.

It keep saying Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computers whenever i use the correct username and password.

I don't have issue in other OS.

Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect e0bf0e96-be55-4767-ac32-34fe1d61716f.png

Abhizz, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  3. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  4. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC: I have a login issue on the domain account Windows 10 workstations. The user login without any issue at first and after a couple of logins they got a username and password incorrect error. my administrator account also not working but I know it is the correct username and...
  5. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC: I have a login issue on the domain account Windows 10 workstations. The user login without any issue at first and after a couple of logins they got a username and password incorrect error. my administrator account also not working but I know it is the correct username and...
  6. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Username and password to connect to PC from another device on the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username and password to connect to PC from another device on the network: I have several devices on my home network. When I try to connect to my desktop PC from another device it asks for my username and password. The username and password I use to log into my PC is my Microsoft Live email and password. Those don't work to connect to my PC. When I...
  8. Username and password to connect to PC from another device on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username and password to connect to PC from another device on the network: I have several devices on my home network. When I try to connect to my desktop PC from another device it asks for my username and password. The username and password I use to log into my PC is my Microsoft Live email and password. Those don't work to connect to my PC. When I...
  9. Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer: I have 2 computers, C1 and C2, (both running Win10Pro - 1903) and 2 users, U1 and U2. U1 is the main administrator on C1 and C2 with the same login credentials on both computers. U2 is an added administrator on C1 and C2 with the same credentials on both computers. U2 can...
  10. Username or password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username or password incorrect: I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10. [img] Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message [img] I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot connect to a network pc through network path password incorrect