Windows 10: Cannot connect to scanner

Discus and support Cannot connect to scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone else lost their scanner, thanks to a recent Windows update? My network-connected Brother MFC-440CN was working perfectly with the Win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian2B, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Ian2B Win User

Cannot connect to scanner

Has anyone else lost their scanner, thanks to a recent Windows update?

My network-connected Brother MFC-440CN was working perfectly with the Win 7 suite but, just recently, I can no longer scan using my desktop machine. I can still scan using my laptop but if the port is set to the name node on the desktop it is reported as "Offline". I can print to it if I switch to the IP address, but on this machine I can no longer scan, using ANY program!

Does anyone have a similar experience but has found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Ian B

:)

Ian2B, Jan 17, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jan 17, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to scanner - Similar Threads - Cannot connect scanner

2. Scanner connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner connection: The connection between my computer using XP, then Windows 7, now Windows 10 and my ScanSnap S1500 scanner usually dies after I shut down then restart my computer -- two desktops, and now a laptop. I have to uninstall the scanner software, then download it again to...
  3. Scanner connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner connectivity: I have an HP printer, HP Photosmart 7520. This is a combined printer, scanner, fax. I have a new HP laptop. The printere is connected to this by wifi, and i have printed with it. However, the laptop will not recognise the scanner nor will the scanner recognise the laptop....
  4. Connecting to Scanner

Connecting to Scanner: Although my computer LenovaA799867/Windows10 successfully prints to the printer Canon MF641Cw it does not connect to the printer to scan although the facility is "on". When I try, the printer screen says that it cannot connect to the computer. Can you help me to turn on the...
  5. Scanner Connection

Scanner Connection: My scanner was working fine, now when I go to scan something my computer tells me there is no scanner connected, even though I've tried several times to reconnect my scanner...
  6. Connecting to Scanner

Connecting to Scanner: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and have used a HP printer/scanner with my last laptop, which was an Apple. I could choose printer or scanner with the Apple laptop but now I cannot choose scanner. Need help but have not been able to locate....
  7. Scanner connection

Scanner connection: I have a Dell Vostro laptop running Windows 10 and a Brother MFC-L2700D printer/scanner. The wired connection between the two recently became disabled, but I have updated my USB port drivers and am now able to print. According to the LED readout on the printer, I'm able to...
  8. connecting scanner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    connecting scanner: hello, I am having trouble connecting my scanner to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-scanner/a270350b-cffd-484a-8cc3-5d6d935ca7e7
  9. Scanner not connecting.

Scanner not connecting.: I have an HP 3520. I am trying to scan a document to my PC, but I get a code 45 saying that my printer is not connected to my computer. It is connected and this printer is the default printer. The print function works fine. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?...
  10. Connecting a Scanner

Connecting a Scanner: I have an Epsom RX560 (Printer/Scanner/Copier) When Connected to Windows 10, it recognised the Printer straight away. No need for the Install disk, it was up and running in just a couple of minutes and even without the install disk the results are picture perfect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pro 8620 cant see twain