Windows 10: Cannot connect to Server 2019 VPN through Verizon hotspot.

Discus and support Cannot connect to Server 2019 VPN through Verizon hotspot. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I have a new Server2019 server which I have installed Remote Access / VPN on. Everything works correctly through my home network CBTS and through... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BobPahls, Feb 3, 2021.

1. BobPahls Win User

Cannot connect to Server 2019 VPN through Verizon hotspot.

Hi.

I have a new Server2019 server which I have installed Remote Access / VPN on. Everything works correctly through my home network CBTS and through other services Spectrum, etc.

But I have clients that need to connect to the VPN through their Verizon hotspots. When I switch my PC to my Verizon Hotspot, I get the following error trying to connect:

The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure is that at least one Internet device for example, a firewall or a router between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation GRE protocol packets. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider.

I have been trying to work with Verizon 2nd level support, but have had no response.

IS there something I can check on my end to try and troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance

Bob Pahls

:)

BobPahls, Feb 3, 2021
  2. aj99000 Win User

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Feb 3, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to Server 2019 VPN through Verizon hotspot. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Server

2. Windows Server 2019 VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 VPN: I have set up a Windows Server 2019 with VPN.I can connect with my client, on a Windows 10 computer, to the 2019 Server VPN server using PPTP .I want to be able to see the network of my VPN server when I connect from home, on the Windows 10 laptop client. Our office network...
  3. Windows Server 2019 VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Server 2019 VPN: I have set up a Windows Server 2019 with VPN.I can connect with my client, on a Windows 10 computer, to the 2019 Server VPN server using PPTP .I want to be able to see the network of my VPN server when I connect from home, on the Windows 10 laptop client. Our office network...
  4. Windows Server 2019 VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  6. Creating Vpn hotspot through an L2TP/IPSEC connection

Creating Vpn hotspot through an L2TP/IPSEC connection: Hello, I don’t know who or if anyone is able to assist me with this question but what I am essentially trying to do is share my L2 TP VPN connection through the mobile hotspot on my windows 10 pc, I have tried to do this via linking my created network of the L2TP adapter VPN...
  7. Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help

Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help: Hi, I'm trying to find the VPN information on a Windows Server 2019 Standard system so that I can remotely connect to the PC's that are connected to it. Can someone point me in the right direction because when I Google it, it only seems to mention setting a VPN up from the...
  8. Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help: Hi, I'm trying to find the VPN information on a Windows Server 2019 Standard system so that I can remotely connect to the PC's that are connected to it. Can someone point me in the right direction because when I Google it, it only seems to mention setting a VPN up from the...
  9. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot: Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i started a vpn or connects to a mobile hotspot the wifi icon would indicate no internet connection, please help, thx....
  10. Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot

Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot: Hi Team, we've done all the troubleshoots to fix the issues but it was not helping at all. We would like to know is there any solution to connect the VPN by connecting to mobile hot spot....