Windows 10: Cannot connect to Server Folder over Network after waking from sleep

Discus and support Cannot connect to Server Folder over Network after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI Guys I have a Server Windows 10 Pro which has several shared folders on and I use many times a day. I access it from my Dell Laptop Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thorrrr, Feb 4, 2018.

1. thorrrr Win User

Cannot connect to Server Folder over Network after waking from sleep

HI Guys

I have a Server Windows 10 Pro which has several shared folders on and I use many times a day.

I access it from my Dell Laptop Windows 10 Pro with no issue from a fresh boot. But if I put the laptop to sleep or it goes to sleep as I am away. When I come back I can no longer access the Server folders. I have to reboot my laptop to access them again.

But i can remote directly in no issues. But that is a pain i just want to know why my laptop is losing network connection with those folders?

:)

thorrrr, Feb 4, 2018

2. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep or hibernate and open it back on, the wireless network adapater needs to be reset in order for it to recieve Wi-Fi again

Is not turned off. Whenever the device wakes up from sleep, it can detect networks. When I try to connec to a network, it will state 'Connecting' after awhile, it will state 'Can't connect to this network'. In order for me to have the a bility to connect,
    I need to go and reset the wireless network adapter.

Summary:

The wireless network adapter is not set to turn off after sleep. It is turned on but cannot connect to a network after wake.

OrdinaryGentleman, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Cacmail1 Win User
    Outlook 2016, the Mail App, and Windows Server 2003

I can see most of my network connections in my network window. However a number of connections keep disappearing (especially the servers) usually after waking up from sleep.

Cacmail1, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey thorrr,
    Check your network adapters power management.
    Right Click on Start > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right Click on the Adapter > Properties > Power Management Tab and uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Eagle51, Feb 4, 2018
  5. thorrrr Win User
    I will give it a try and get back with a solved if it has worked.
    Cheers for the help

thorrrr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to Server Folder over Network after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Server

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. My desktop keeps waking from sleep, then going back to sleep over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop keeps waking from sleep, then going back to sleep over and over: Hello! Okay, so I first realized this when I was away from my computer and found that it went to sleep. I was in the room when the desktop turned on and the fans and RGB turned on. Then after about 30 seconds, everything turned off. This happened over and over. This also...
  5. My desktop keeps waking from sleep, then going back to sleep over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop keeps waking from sleep, then going back to sleep over and over: Hello! Okay, so I first realized this when I was away from my computer and found that it went to sleep. I was in the room when the desktop turned on and the fans and RGB turned on. Then after about 30 seconds, everything turned off. This happened over and over. This also...
  6. No Internet Connection after waking computer from sleep: SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection after waking computer from sleep: SOLVED: My computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and whenever it wakes up from sleep/hibernate mode, I have to run the diagnostic process to fix this issue: "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration”. I've tried every possible tip but finally decided to go to Realtek, the...
  7. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  8. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  9. Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep: This is an attempt to learn if a solution has been found to an unsolved problem. The problem was described at this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 A solution was promised in...
  10. cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot wake from sleep: Not sure if this has any bearing on your specific situation......but since the spectre/meltdown exploit, mobo manufacturers have developed a new bios for this. But you have to create a support ticket (especially with Gigabyte) and request the udated bios. They're not...