Windows 10: [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason

Discus and support [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 on parallels on mac, Suddenly on startup I get a pop up box that says [there was a problem connecting to server "windows"] and below it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Billpennock, Sep 24, 2019.

1. [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason

Windows 10 on parallels on mac, Suddenly on startup I get a pop up box that says [there was a problem connecting to server "windows"] and below it the standard server may not exist, check ip etc. But I have NO CLUE what or where this is trying to connect. I have no server with the actual name "windows". I can't think of anything I did differently between before this this message popped up and after. It comes up on startup from sleep or from reset or stop and restart. there is an image in the message of a disk drive looking thing with three silhouette people on a blue background. Seems like I've seen it before but can't place it. I'm betting it's generic but just in case I hunted for it as a logo but didn't find it.
    Any ideas on how I can find out what is generating this?

:)

Billpennock, Sep 24, 2019

2. [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason

Windows 10 on parallels on mac, Suddenly on startup I get a pop up box that says [there was a problem connecting to server "windows"] and below it the standard server may not exist, check ip etc. But I have NO CLUE what or where this is trying to connect. I have no server with the actual name "windows". I can't think of anything I did differently between before this this message popped up and after. It comes up on startup from sleep or from reset or stop and restart. there is an image in the message of a disk drive looking thing with three silhouette people on a blue background. Seems like I've seen it before but can't place it. I'm betting it's generic but just in case I hunted for it as a logo but didn't find it.
    Any ideas on how I can find out what is generating this?

Billpennock, Sep 24, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Sep 24, 2019
  4. [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason

Xbox App "Server Connectivity" "Blocked"

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app server connectivity is blocked. It is possible that
    your PC was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server or your Firewall settings are blocking the connection. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Is your computer connected to a wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue in safe mode with networking? To start Windows in safe mode with networking, you can follow the steps on this

link

In the meantime, you can perform the suggested solutions on this
    link

Loraine Mon, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

[Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason

1. [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason - Similar Threads - Cannot connect server

2. NSIS Error popping up for seemingly no reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NSIS Error popping up for seemingly no reason?: I keep getting an error saying "NSIS Error - Failed to launch installer." Now, here's the part that's got me really confused. I don't have any 'installer' to speak of. I'm not even trying to install any software at all. It just keeps popping up for no reason whatsoever. It...
  3. NSIS Error popping up for seemingly no reason?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NSIS Error popping up for seemingly no reason?: I keep getting an error saying "NSIS Error - Failed to launch installer." Now, here's the part that's got me really confused. I don't have any 'installer' to speak of. I'm not even trying to install any software at all. It just keeps popping up for no reason whatsoever. It...
  4. The processing error keeps popping up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The processing error keeps popping up for no reason.: The processing error keeps popping up. I have Microsoft Word on my Mac, and it has the latest update. The processing tab keeps popping up whenever I try to scroll, or even type something in my document....
  5. The processing error keeps popping up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The processing error keeps popping up for no reason.: The processing error keeps popping up. I have Microsoft Word on my Mac, and it has the latest update. The processing tab keeps popping up whenever I try to scroll, or even type something in my document....
  6. Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program, and never does...
  7. Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program, and never does...
  8. WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server': Hi , In my WSUS server after windows OS patch and reboot When trying to connect I get the error " Cannot connect to 'server' Please make sure the Post-Installation task is completed successfully in that server. If it was please verify if the server is using another port or...
  9. Taskbar popping up for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar popping up for no reason: I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be a little different. I have the TB set to automatically hide. The TB pops up at random intervals, stays up for maybe a second...
  10. CMD Popping up without reason

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Popping up without reason: ^Title. I have seen and followed the advice as shown in this thread: Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. Solved - Windows 10 Forums And using Powershell I've come to the following result [img] So, what would you guys suggest I do now? Thanks in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot get to popup window on app on parallels