Windows 10: Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Today I tried accessing a shared folder I have in my network from my Windows 10 personal computer. I was able to do it last week but now I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EduardGranados Díaz, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

Hello

Today I tried accessing a shared folder I have in my network from my Windows 10 personal computer. I was able to do it last week but now I'm getting username or password error. I'm able to access it from my job Windows 10 laptop. I have tried several how-to documentation but I'm not able to make it work.

What could be the issue?

Regards

:)

EduardGranados Díaz, Oct 20, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error message that you get when connecting using Map Drive?
    2. What is the error message that you get when accessing the Network Share drives?
    3. Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?
    4. What changes were made to the Group Policy in 1809 Version?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to access the Shared Drives.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R Keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following key from the left pane.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System

• Right-click on System > Click on
      New > DWORD.
    • Give the DWORD name as EnableLinkedConnections and the
      Value data to 1.
    • Click on OK > Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.

If the computer is not connected to Domain Network, then I suggest you to please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

If the computer is connected to any Domain Network, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals, who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Network Share Drives on the domain-related computers.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

1. Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect shared

2. Windows 11 cannot map a shared windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot map a shared windows 10 drive: Hello. Hope someone can help.I have a windows 11 machine that cannot map a shared drive on a windows 10 machine. Shared drives and folders on other windows 10 and windows 11 machines are mappable. On the problematic windows 10 machine, user has security with full control, and...
  3. Cannot connect to network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to network shares: I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by all networked computers. Some shares cannot be accessed by any networked computer. When pointing to the share, the following...
  4. Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10: You may experience a Windows cannot access \\ Computer’s Name, Shared folder, or Network Drive letter error while trying to access a shared file. In this article, we are going to find reasons and fixes for this problem. Why can’t I access Shared Folder or Drive This error...
  5. One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive: Hello. I have a desktop and a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I have 3TB of HDD storage, with 3 separate partitions on my desktop, that I'd like to also be able to access from my laptop when I'm at home, so I right clicked and shared the drive. I want it to be password protected...
  6. Shared Drive connection error

Shared Drive connection error: I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro with an external hard drive connected to back up onto. I also have a laptop that I want to be able to access the external hard drive. I have shared the documents folders from each computer which I am able to access. When I share the...
  7. Cannot share USB drive

Cannot share USB drive: I have shares set up on my internal C: and D: drives. But now I want to share my G: drive, which is a USB-attached WD Elements drive, 8 TB. I'd expect to use the Share configuration panel for that. But ... I can see the share configuration for the C: drive ... [img] But...
  8. Cannot share internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot share internet connection: I recently bought a Huawei USB dongle for internet connection using a SIM card. It works quite well, however I also need to share the connection with my other devices. I tried making a hotspot using Command Prompt ("netsh wlan start hostednetwork"), and sharing it from...
  9. Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?: Have a NET SHARE W$=W:\ on Windows 10 Have a NET USE w: L: \\win10pc\w$ on Windows 7 Used to be able to connect and save my backups there etc. This morning, I get status: Unavailable in Windows 7 as reported by NET USE same for all my other shares between the two. Both...
  10. Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.: At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410,...