Windows 10: Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f

Discus and support Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A Ricoh C250dn W10 compatable printer is connected to my router and shared from my desktop W10 Pro 20H2 pc. The printer was connected to a Dell Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidMcMillen, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f

A Ricoh C250dn W10 compatable printer is connected to my router and shared from my desktop W10 Pro 20H2 pc. The printer was connected to a Dell Win Pro 1909 laptop and printing until I upgraded my desktop from 1909 to 20H2 a couple yesterday. At that time the Dell laptop lost its connectivity to the shared printer showing no ports A W10 Pro 20H2 Levovo laptop is still connected and printing.

I upgraded the Dell from 1909 to 20H2 today, after which the Ricoh printer was gone altogether. Adding the printer to the Dell via the shared network name gets a "connecting to <printer name> on <desktop>" and then get a "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Connection failed with error 0x0000052f" Workgroup is HOME on all three machines and a powershell Get-NetConnectionProfile is Private.

I believe 0x0000052f is "Logon failure: user account restriction". All three pc's have netplwiz "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checked and have NO password, therefore each pc boots without requiring a logon. Password protected sharing is turned on for All Networks. These are the settings that have been in place for years since Win7 and until I upgraded the desktop from 1909 to 20H2 the Ricoh printer was shared and worked on the Dell and in fact, still does on the Lenovo??

:)

DavidMcMillen, Apr 17, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Apr 17, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. HAT
    hat Win User

Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

Thema:

Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f

1. Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f - Similar Threads - Cannot connect shared

2. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  3. Error Connect to Share Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  4. Error Connect to Share Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  5. cannot connect sharing folder and printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect sharing folder and printer: anyone can help me ?so i have problem with my notebook with include WINDOWS 10 home OSwhen i try to connect things i shared, it always incorrect username and password, - first i make sure, that password, i has input is right- second, i've turn off user and password on advance...
  6. cannot connect sharing folder and printer

cannot connect sharing folder and printer: anyone can help me ?so i have problem with my notebook with include WINDOWS 10 home OSwhen i try to connect things i shared, it always incorrect username and password, - first i make sure, that password, i has input is right- second, i've turn off user and password on advance...
  7. Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer: For about two years I have been using my windows 2019 server to connect to a shared printer on a windows 10 machine There is an app that only runs on server that I need to print labels from but about two weeks ago I can no longer connect to the printer and I get an error that...
  8. Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer: For about two years I have been using my windows 2019 server to connect to a shared printer on a windows 10 machine There is an app that only runs on server that I need to print labels from but about two weeks ago I can no longer connect to the printer and I get an error that...
  9. Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer

10. Windows cannot connect to the Shared Printer [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot connect to the Shared Printer [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If you have successfully installed and shared a network printer on your network, but somehow when you attempt to connect to the shared printer on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, the operation fails and Windows cannot connect to the shared printer, then this...