Windows 10: Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot

Discus and support Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, in brief, I'm staying in an apartment where there is a sign-in network. When trying to connect it should open up the browser and ask for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jermainecm, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot

Hello,

in brief,

I'm staying in an apartment where there is a sign-in network. When trying to connect it should open up the browser and ask for a username and password. So auto connect is out!

The issue is that when i try to connect after each reboot it simply wont connect nor will my browser even open up. The weird thing here is that when I create a hotspot with my mobile and connect to it then try the sign-in network once more everything works as it should, well almost anyway.

I've had to bookmark this address - 1.1.1.1/login.php?redir=http://fixwifi.it/ - to enable me to get to the login screen (at times) where i'd enter the username and password. Other times it just takes me directly there.

I've tried this using Microsoft Edge as well as Google Chrome. Same result.

I know its a configuration error on my side as my wifes Windows 10 notebook and our mobile phones connect as expected each time.

Thank you for your help

:)

jermainecm, Oct 31, 2018

2. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Oct 31, 2018
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot

1. Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot - Similar Threads - Cannot connect sign

2. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  3. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi,I've been using my computer as a mobile hotspot for my devices iPhone and iPad but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" on my iPhone when I try to connect, despite my computer having no problems connecting with the internet. I tried...
  5. Cannot connect to mobile phone hotspot with WPA2

Cannot connect to mobile phone hotspot with WPA2: Hello, I got Asus Zenbook 14 with Windows 10 Home Edition 20H2. I cannot connect it to a secure hotspot made by any phone Android, Iphone. Got no problem with connecting to routers 2.4 or 5GHz with the same security WPA-2.I tried:Different phone devices, the same result -...
  6. Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot

Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot: My laptop connects to mobile hotspot and WiFi sharing but not to WiFi. I can see my WiFi connection but when I try connecting, I get the error "Can't Connect to this network". I have been able to connect to this network till a few days back. I have tried the following...
  7. Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot

Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot: Hi i am not able to connect my laptop to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot I was first able to connect to my wifi but all of a sudden it says no internet when I tried to connect phone to my wifi it says connected and i was able to use it. I tried restarting and...
  8. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  9. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  10. mobile hotspot connection

mobile hotspot connection: hello, my aname is Amankwah, for sometime now im unable to connect my cell phone via hotspot like I used to. its been weeks now. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection/c302deba-0e78-47ad-a629-a83853878c2b