Windows 10: Cannot connect to teredo services

Discus and support Cannot connect to teredo services in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot connect to the teredo services, it's not in device manager, so I did all the steps on trying to activate it directly through cmd and have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheXirone, Jan 1, 2021.

1. TheXirone Win User

Cannot connect to teredo services

I cannot connect to the teredo services, it's not in device manager, so I did all the steps on trying to activate it directly through cmd and have not gotten connected to teredo, any answer would be appreciated but it would be even more if it works, thank you in advance.

:)

TheXirone, Jan 1, 2021

2. teredo tunneling adapter completely missing!

I'm trying to play Forza Horizon 3 and the xbox app says TEREDO is unable to qualify. Server connectivity: Blocked.

I have gone through all the official steps through CMD, Services, and Device manager. There's no trace of anything Teredo on my rig.

Is there a driver I can manually download?

gettheclicker, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    No Teredo installed

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?
    2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable
    this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click
    here

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
    3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
    3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to teredo services - Similar Threads - Cannot connect teredo

2. Cannot connect to Windows update services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  3. Cannot connect to Windows update services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  4. Cannot connect to Windows update service.

Cannot connect to Windows update service.: I am in the process of updating two Windows PCs simultaneously, on the same desktop and using the same network connection. My Laptop is downloading and installing updates from the Windows Update Service. But my desktop computer has a problem connecting to the update service,...
  5. Cannot Get Teredo Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Get Teredo Adapter: I've literally tried everything imaginable and no matter what i do i cannot seem to get the teredo to pop up in the menu on add legacy hardware. it isnt in device manager and it isnt popping up no matter how many times i restart my pc, follow all the guides ive see online....
  6. teredo/server connectivity blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    teredo/server connectivity blocked: 1.Teredo is unable to qualify/Sever connectivity blocked ive had this issue for months it used to be fine but then randomly i started having this issue ive tried port fowarding and all the steps microsoft said to do but no help the issue will usually either be an open nat...
  7. Cannot connect to a sync service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to a sync service: Hello, I am trying to download Xbox games onto my PC but it will not work, when I troubleshoot I am getting the error cant connect to a sync service rootcauses found and created logs I have tried every fix I can find in previous threads and nothing is working....
  8. Cannot use Teredo Tunneling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use Teredo Tunneling: Hello, I have tried literally everything in the forums to fix my teredo problem. I do not have teredo installed (yes I showed hidden networks). I have gone to device manager, and selected show hidden networks, and attempted to download the legacy, while clicking next a...
  9. Cannot connect to the windows update service

Cannot connect to the windows update service: After i have updated my windows 10 home to 1903 update after that when ever i try to update windows it says Cannot connect to the windows update service.I have ran the troubleshooter but it does nothing....
  10. Windows cannot connect to the SENS service

Windows cannot connect to the SENS service: I have a HP Pavilion running 64bit Windows 10. I “Backup and Restore” to an EHDD every day and I have a recovery USB disk. Since yesterday afternoon I have been experiencing the following problem. When I try to boot up, which is now slower than usual, I get an error message...