Windows 10: Cannot Connect to the internet when I try to update windows or install apps via internet...

Discus and support Cannot Connect to the internet when I try to update windows or install apps via internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My browsers work fine but when I try to updating windows it shows error encounter Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tasnim Rahaman Nafis, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Cannot Connect to the internet when I try to update windows or install apps via internet...

My browsers work fine but when I try to updating windows it shows error encounter Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

Firstly I watched a lot of youtube tutorials followed them correctly but still could not fix. But found out my problem is with internet connection settings. So I reset all connection settings still it stays.
    I recently made various change of settings unistalled macfee antivirus and a lot that I could remember. Now I could not install any app unless it is a offline installer.

:)

Tasnim Rahaman Nafis, Aug 13, 2020

2. Installing windows required connect to internet ?

When clean installing windows, there's a first step installation menu appear like copying files, installing updates etc. Does this process need internet connection ? Because my internet suddenly off, so i've to think it's will impact my installation.

mikelferdinan, Aug 13, 2020
  3. a_ump Win User
    internet connection problem

do any other internet using apps work? like instant messenging of some sort? you may not be connected. And no i wouldn't think mozilla firefox would fault like that, as it recieves updates and auto installs them, unless you specify otherwise.

a_ump, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Cannot Connect to the internet when I try to update windows or install apps via internet...

Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Connect to the internet when I try to update windows or install apps via internet...

1. Cannot Connect to the internet when I try to update windows or install apps via internet... - Similar Threads - Cannot Connect internet

2. no internet connection when trying to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no internet connection when trying to login: whenever i try to login to apps like xbox gamebar, the minecraft launcher, Microsoft store, it always says you need an internet connection for this and shows the error 0x800704cf even though i do have internet. I've tried troubleshooting my network, and tried lto login on...
  3. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works but apps cannot connect to it: After leaving my computer for the last week I came back and now none of my apps can connect to the internet except for google chrome. My internet is perfect, I've tried to check a ton of different things but nothing works. My guess is the security update that was installed...
  4. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet works but apps cannot connect to it: After leaving my computer for the last week I came back and now none of my apps can connect to the internet except for google chrome. My internet is perfect, I've tried to check a ton of different things but nothing works. My guess is the security update that was installed...
  5. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. apps cannot connect to the internet

apps cannot connect to the internet: apps cannot connect to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-cannot-connect-to-the-internet/8a2ba37e-5d4d-475c-88aa-cf4b92be732d
  7. internet connected but apps cannot connect

internet connected but apps cannot connect: It started 3 days ago when I turned on my computer, everything seemed to be functioning properly, however once it got to starting programs like steam, origin, epic games launcher, and discord, they would all give me the same response. They all failed to go online, I began to...
  8. Cannot connect to internet apps

Cannot connect to internet apps: Hi all, for the past 36 hours I have been having problems connecting to the internet via several apps. This includes Windows Update & uTorrent. Also. I can connect to my work e-mail account via 365 in a browser, but the 'Outlook' app on my desktop won't sync, although it...
  9. I cannot connect to the internet

I cannot connect to the internet: I cannot connect to the internet with my PC with windows 10. neither for Wi-Fi nor wired, I was checking and my brother's PC is something different than mine, in the if you have a network icon as a monitor and when we disconnect it from the Internet the same icon appears but...
  10. Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet

Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet: Microsoft Edge, Windows Store, and Cortana, as well as most Microsoft apps, cannot connect to the internet. When I try to open the Windows Store it will not open and I get an Error message, 0x80072EE7. When I try to use Edge I get an error message that says, “This...