Windows 10: cannot connect to the internet

Discus and support cannot connect to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi everyone -I have a acer laptop -its around 3 years old -has a Celeron processor-with windows 10-it will not connect wirelessly to the internet -I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrahamBurton2, Apr 6, 2020.

1. cannot connect to the internet

hi everyone -I have a acer laptop -its around 3 years old -has a Celeron processor-with windows 10-it will not connect wirelessly to the internet -I have reset the laptop -to no effect and I have just done a system refresh which seems to reload a current version of windows 10 -still no joy -it will only connect with a ethernet lead -when I go into settings and wifi -it just says no ethernet connection -if I click on to the globe/world symbol right hand bottom corner it just shows airplane mode -none of the available networks are shown-I have another laptop and this connects everytime -I have tried several fixes listed on this site to no avail-I haven't tried to update specific drivers-I am not too good with computers-I am surprised that after loading a current version of windows 10 it still wont work -several of the fixes listed on this site are a few years old --is there a current easy fix for this problem -it works ok with a ethernet lead_

:)

GrahamBurton2, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 6, 2020
  3. HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

cannot connect to the internet

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

cannot connect to the internet

1. cannot connect to the internet - Similar Threads - cannot connect internet

2. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: We have been trying to reconnect my internet from different WiFi connections or Ethernet, however, cannot connect. We already tried to reboot, reset and all ways we can but despite we cannot connect the internet....
  3. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  4. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  5. Cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to the internet: From today my laptop has been showing this problem, it shows that it is connected to the wifi, but none of the browser or the app are connecting, i tried to renew my ip address but it says 'no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media...
  6. Cannot Connect To Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Connect To Internet: Hey all, so I just got done switching windows over to my SSD and everything seemed to be ok until I realized I couldn't connect to my wifi, the only option that shows up is ethernet. I use a little USB dongle that lets me connect to our wifi and it just refuses to work even...
  7. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to internet: I recently reset my Pc and my settings have gone with it. My wifi adapter that was working is now not. I copied over the drivers so that wouldnt be an issue. I cannot find a fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated submitted by /u/takitaki555 [link] [comments]...
  8. Cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to the internet: My laptop will not connect to my internet. Ive went into the network and internet settings but it only lets me go into airplane mode and when Itried troubleshooting it said nothing was wrong....
  9. Cannot connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to the Internet: Hello. I've been having issues with my PC, and recently it's been getting severe. I got my Alienware pc from a friend. I don't know much about it, but it's about 6 years old. It is using Windows 10. In the past, it would occasionally lose connection to the internet (not...
  10. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot connect to internet: Hi I have installed Hyper-V with an external virtual network switch following the tutorial and then installed windows 7 and all is fine except that I cannot connect to the internet. Is there some kind of a setting to activate in order to enable that? When I look at network...