Windows 10: Cannot connect to VPN

Discus and support Cannot connect to VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Topshooter, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Cannot connect to VPN

Hi,

Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use or is not configured properly”. I have seen many, usually old, posts, but they all have to do with dial-up modems.
    I am running W10 1809 Build 17763.292, am hard-wired to my router and don’t have a modem. If I restart the computer several times, then maybe I can connect, but mostly not. It has worked for years until now. How can I troubleshoot this please?

:)

Topshooter, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Cannot connect to VPN :D

P4-630, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Cannot connect to VPN

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect to VPN

1. Cannot connect to VPN - Similar Threads - Cannot connect VPN

2. Cannot send Email when connected to VPN

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot send Email when connected to VPN: [IMG]If you have a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection configured or set up on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and you notice that you cannot send email when connected to the VPN, then this post is intended to help you with quick solutions to resolve this issue....
  3. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CONNECTION: I am trying to set up a VPN connection and I am getting this message saying the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed. How do I solve this?...
  4. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  5. VPN connection

VPN connection: Hi I have a weird issue using a VPN, for some reason it wont work on my main machine ( version 2004 build 19041.423 ) The things I have tested : At first I thought it was a network issue , so i trued the set up the vpn with the same credentials on my crapy laptop and...
  6. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  7. Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

Cannot connect to Desktop VPN: Hey, so I recently built a new desktop, and purchased a domain, and set up Dynamic DNS on my said desktop. Desktop is Running Windows 10 - 64Bit. So, to start off: - when I ping my domain from an external location, I do see that the IP Address being pinged is indeed the...
  8. VPN CONNECTION

VPN CONNECTION: Have setup a network connection in windows 10 to use with a VPN [FREEVPN.ME] but, when I try to connect, it states 'connecting' and does not say 'connected'. Is this a firewall problem? Anyone familiar with FREEVPN.ME?...
  9. Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection

Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection: I have a VPN connection setup on my Windows 10 laptop on build 10240 which has been working fine for three months.. It has somehow become corrupted so I cannot connect with it, edit it or delete it from within Settings. I also cannot delete or change it from the Network...
  10. connecting to vpn

connecting to vpn: is there any way to connect to a VPN without actually moving to whole another page? 13105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update cannot connect VPN