Windows 10: Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

Discus and support Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BakaTerry, Nov 23, 2023.

1. BakaTerry Win User

Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest version, still not helping. Hence, every time the windows force me to install the update, I need to uninstall it myself every time to get back to online. This is frustrating, please help.Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z370 H-GamingProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB System type

:)

BakaTerry, Nov 23, 2023
  2. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Nov 23, 2023
  3. lasot Win User
    How to indicate wi-fi connection on taskbar/desktop with ethernet on

Using 'Select which icons appear...' I'm only able to toggle this one network icon. And it switches from wired to wireless, depending on whether the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Of course, the info is there, I just got used to not having to click on the icon. I always just looked at the corner of the screen every few minutes to make sure the wi-fi was still connected and ready in case my wired connection failed.

It's just strange for me that in the same scenario (ethernet connection + wi-fi active), Windows 7 would show the wireless icon (and it wasn't possible to change it either AFAIK), and Windows 10 shows the other one *sarc

Oh well, it's not the end of the world if it's impossible to change it, but any other suggestions on how to display the wi-fi state on the taskbar (or desktop) are still welcome.

lasot, Nov 23, 2023
  4. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 23, 2023
Thema:

Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

1. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Ethernet

2. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi after latest Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi after latest Windows update.: July 9th, my computer was working fine. I had just been on my class discussion board and was logging off getting ready to go to work. It came up with a Windows update. And I clicked restart. I waited for the computer to come back up. I shut it down and went to work. Came back...
  3. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi after latest Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi after latest Windows update.: July 9th, my computer was working fine. I had just been on my class discussion board and was logging off getting ready to go to work. It came up with a Windows update. And I clicked restart. I waited for the computer to come back up. I shut it down and went to work. Came back...
  4. Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates: Hi, I have an error after updates with finding wi-fi network. But it is not usual, It is also a little bit freezing my pc, pc can't reboot properly, internet sign showing that I don't have an internet connection while I've connected ti internet with cable and internet works...
  5. Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates

Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates: Hi, I have an error after updates with finding wi-fi network. But it is not usual, It is also a little bit freezing my pc, pc can't reboot properly, internet sign showing that I don't have an internet connection while I've connected ti internet with cable and internet works...
  6. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  7. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  8. Wi-Fi masquerading as an Ethernet Connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi masquerading as an Ethernet Connection?: Hi all, Newbie here. After new PC arrived and was through all the setup, I ended up with an ethernet connection that appears to be named after one of my Wi-Fi connections. Everything works fine, but I would like to know how to fix/change this. Attaching a pic. Red arrow...
  9. Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi: Hi there I have an Ethernet cable attached to my PC but also want the Wi-Fi connected too as a back etc. but every time I Connect to Wi-Fi it says unable to connect to network. Now the Ethernet is connected no problem and my wife's computer is connected to Wi-Fi no issues,...
  10. No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection: Hello, since around 2PM today May, 2nd I have been unable to connect to my home wi-fi or directly use the ethernet cable it has in order to access the internet on my laptop using my work laptop to write this. My laptop is an ASUS TUF gaming fx705DU with Windows 10 Pro, if...