Windows 10: cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON

Discus and support cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my desktop network adapter did not work, cannot update / reinstall the driver, airplane mode kept on. Did someone experience same problem? anyone can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeECF, Dec 28, 2018.

1. JoeECF Win User

cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON

my desktop network adapter did not work, cannot update / reinstall the driver, airplane mode kept on. Did someone experience same problem? anyone can help with this problems? thanks so much!

:)

JoeECF, Dec 28, 2018
  2. JJinaus Win User

Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode

A while back, our internet went down for a few days. We had to buy a wifi router and I connected wifi through a USB stick to my desktop. When the internet came back, I disconnected the wifi and reverted to LAN.

Now the airplane icon is stuck there even though there is no wifi attached, the only internet connection in the Network and Connections screen is the LAN connection, so there is no way I can get rid of it. When I windows A, there is no option for wifi or disabling airplane mode.

Can anyone please make any suggestions?

JJinaus, Dec 28, 2018
  3. 93tid Win User
    Can't connect to WiFi while airplane mode is on

Airplane mode disables by default WiFi, Bluetooth and mobile data connectivity, so it's perfectly normal that you cannot connect to WiFi. You will need to enable wifi manually if you want it to work under Airplane mode.

93tid, Dec 28, 2018
  4. cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON

Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

I tried all steps and avenues above to turn Airplane Mode OFF of my Dell PC (equipped with bluetooth/wifi), and Airplane Mode with Windows 10 is always on. Even when I try to click to slide it off, it still slides back to "on". I do not see the Airplane icon however, and also I don't notice any wifi connection issues with my computer as that's how I connect to the internet, so I guess I'll leave well enough alone. Just don't understand why it's always on and wont let me slide it to the off position.

susychpstk, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON

1. cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON - Similar Threads - cannot connect wifi

2. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  3. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  4. WiFi versus Airplane Mode

WiFi versus Airplane Mode: Hello,I'm on my home WiFi right now but my laptop is showing airplane mode. I've tried to fix this several times by going into WiFi and checking it off and restarting my laptop.Below is a photo of my taskbar with airplane mode shown. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to...
  5. no wifi/airplane mode available

no wifi/airplane mode available: 3 of our 4 Lenovo pc's at my place of work have recently stopped connecting to our BT router. When trying to connect agian the Wifi and Airplane mode option in network settings are both missing and therefore our router is not showing to connect to our internet. Connection via...
  6. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  7. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  8. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode: Hey i need help asap, currently i got problem with connecting to my wifi on win 10. Lately when its happen when i got no internet on my connected wifi , then i click disconnected and this thing happen. Only this symbol showed up like computer with red cross and ithere is...
  10. Airplane mode/wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why can i not leave airplane mode or connect to the wifi

2. cannot connect to wifi defaults to airplane mode