Windows 10: Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Built 17134 x64. Wifi internet has been working fine for many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Imknapik, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Imknapik Win User

Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Built 17134 x64.

Wifi internet has been working fine for many years, but suddenly stopped working after what I can only suspect was a Windows update that caused an issue. I have been through many of the community posts and have attempted all of the following fixes:

1) Reset and unplugged router

2) Created a guest network from the same router

3) Updated drivers, rolled back drivers, went to Dell website and downloaded specific driver for my exact PC

4) Performed multiple attempts at all CMD prompt IP config and netsh commands (although many don't work because it's not connected to begin with)

5) Ran all troubleshooters pribably a hundred times

6) Uninstalled network adapters in device manager and rebooted

7) Rolled back recent windows updates

8) Performed a Windows 10 network reset multiple times

9) Checked windows firewall settings to ensure no blockage

10) Changed IPV settings to attempt a manual IP address

Other details:

-4 other devices in my home are connecting to the wifi with no problem, including devices located in the same room.

-The Device manager event viewer for the Dell Wireless 1506 802.11b|g|n (2.4GHz) device has some errors and warnings. Most common are 1) Error Device PCO\VEN_168C&DEV...&00E1 had a problem starting (driver name oem1.inf) and 2) Warning Device PCOI\VEN_168C&DEV...&00E1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

-The closest I have been to a connection was that it read "connected", but then when I tried a ip config/renew it said the user had terminated the atttempt before it could actually renew

Any furter suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

No Wifi

:)

Imknapik, Oct 18, 2018
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Why can I connect everything but this pc to my wifi network?

did you do the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands..... also ipconfig /flushdns as well.

also make sure the wifi networks list has been updated.

you may also try "safely removing hardware" and then re-install it.

remixedcat, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

1. Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Cannot Connect Wifi

2. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  3. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  4. Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network: I have a Lenovo N22 laptop running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro (20H2). A week ago I had a Netgear router running with a private class C LAN IP address range. The router was at address 204.107.91.254. Everything on my network worked fine, including the Lenovo. The Netgear...
  5. Cannot connect a windows 10 PC to a WiFi network.

Cannot connect a windows 10 PC to a WiFi network.: I thought I posted this question yesterday but can't find it anywhere in the community. In essence cannot connect a windows 10 PC to a WiFi network. No matter what steps are taken. I have been struggling with the problem for a number of days and none of the suggestions...
  6. Cannot connect to Wifi network

Cannot connect to Wifi network: Hello, i have notebook and pc. From notebook i can connect to wifi entering username and password, but since few days, i cannot connect to same wifi from pc. After entering username and password, after few seconds it asks me again username and passwordand so on. Earlier i...
  7. Cannot locate wifi networks after recent windows 10 updates

Cannot locate wifi networks after recent windows 10 updates: My network connections have gone, are not visible or present. I get Telstra Air & Fon, as well as the neighbourhood networks. I have restarted, rebooted, updated, refreshed and attempted any & all options...HELP!!!...
  8. Cannot connect to open/public WiFi networks after updates

Cannot connect to open/public WiFi networks after updates: Good Morning. I have been having issues connecting to any open/public wifi network after recent Windows automatic updates to my laptop. Prior to mid-February, I was able to connect to these networks, but immediately following these updates, I can no longer connect. I have...
  9. Cannot connect wifi network

Cannot connect wifi network: I cannot connect to wifi network anymore. One day, it just stopped letting me find network. In device manager it doesn't show a network wifi driver anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-wifi-network/b7d660a3-9ea0-45de-b372-a498d5ad4e7e
  10. Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10

Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10: I have a Surface Pro 2017, and had connected to my home wifi without any problem at all. Until yesterday, when Windows 10 forced some updates. Now, when I try to connect to my home wifi it fails to do so, giving a message of something like "It's not possible to connect to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Forums > Windows 10 Network and Sharing > Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve th

2. windows phone cannot connect to this network wifi

3. windows 10 cannot connect to network wifi

4. dell n5110 wi-fi says cant connect to this network,
  5. windows 10 cannot connect after update,
  6. KB4483232 wireless cannot connect