Windows 10: Cannot connect to Windows 10 computers using Remote Desktop after they install the July...

Discus and support Cannot connect to Windows 10 computers using Remote Desktop after they install the July... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My customer has two employees who are working from home during the Covid19 shutdown. On July 14th, 2020, both of their office computers installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LakesTelecom, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to Windows 10 computers using Remote Desktop after they install the July...

My customer has two employees who are working from home during the Covid19 shutdown. On July 14th, 2020, both of their office computers installed a Microsoft Security update and two Cumulative updates. They can no longer connect to their office computers. Unchecking the option for Network Level Authentication does not help. Disabling the firewall completely does not help. I have uninstalled the cumulative updates but cannot remove the security update. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and what have you found to be the solution?

:)

LakesTelecom, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Remote desktop in window 10 cannot access computer having windows 8

No, it's the other way round all editions include the Remote Desktop Client and can connect to any PC with the Remote Desktop Server enabled. Only Pro and above allow you to connect to them.

Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Connections to Windows 10 PC

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-s...#supported-pcs

maideen5's region is Malaysia, English may not be their first language. As I understand it the OP's problem can be stated as:

• The Windows 10 PC can connect to the remote desktop of a PC running Windows Server 2012, but cannot connect to a Windows 8.1 PC.
    • A Windows 7 PC can connect to both, so the Windows 8.1 PC is known to allow incoming connections.

I don't have an 8.1 Pro machine, so I can't test this for myself. @Kari wrote the tutorial on this, perhaps he has a suggestion.

Edit: see post #10

3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Cannot connect to Windows 10 computers using Remote Desktop after they install the July...

Using Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 7 PC from Windows 10 PC

Have you done the steps provided above on the Windows 10 computer?

See the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow remote access to your computer.
    • On the Remote tab,under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to Windows 10 computers using Remote Desktop after they install the July...

1. Cannot connect to Windows 10 computers using Remote Desktop after they install the July... - Similar Threads - Cannot connect computers

2. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  3. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  6. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  7. Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer: Without using a third party remote connection, can I use the build in windows remote desktop connection to connect from my laptop that uses windows 10 HOME to my desktop computer that uses windows 10 PRO?--Do both computers need to have windows 10 PRO in order for the...
  8. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  9. Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect with Remote Desktop: After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my router and to the LAN side using my phone app and from another PC on the same LAN. I get the same message: Remote Desktop can't...
  10. Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop: I have two Windows 10 computers, one PC and one laptop on the same LAN. Both were upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am trying to connect to the PC through Remote Desktop from the laptop. I get the error message saying it can't connect. It says to make sure remote...