Windows 10: Cannot connect to Windows Update Server

Discus and support Cannot connect to Windows Update Server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS Build 17763.292 Since 30.01.19 My Surface Book 2 has been saying that it cannot connect to Windows Update Server. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by karendibble, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Cannot connect to Windows Update Server

Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS Build 17763.292

Since 30.01.19 My Surface Book 2 has been saying that it cannot connect to Windows Update Server. On that date it only did a Defender update install. I have used Update,, Network and Update Trouble shooters and checked/repaired the Windows files using DISM, all to no avail.

Can anyone help please?

:)

karendibble, Feb 4, 2019

2. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Feb 4, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Cannot connect to Windows Update Server

"Server connectivity = blocked" on Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi MoonBunny17,

If your server connectivity is "Blocked", it means that your computer was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. Since you've tried the troubleshooting steps from our support page, let's try to restart the "IP
    Helper" and "Xbox Networking Service" by performing the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
    2. Type "services" and hit enter to open the Services Window
    3. Scroll down until you find an entry called “IP Helper”. Right-click on it, and then click Restart.
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and do the same thing for “Xbox Live Networking Service”.
    5. Close the window, open the Xbox app and check your connection again.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you try connecting your computer to another network to see if that will change the server connectivity on the Xbox app.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect to Windows Update Server

1. Cannot connect to Windows Update Server - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Update

2. One drive cannot connect to server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive cannot connect to server: One drive cannot connect to server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-cannot-connect-to-server/bb9e518c-2cf2-41e4-b50e-56f18206af82
  3. windows cannot connect to organization's activation server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows cannot connect to organization's activation server: Thats happen on laptop after change hdd to ssd, the ssd already installed windows on diffrent laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-connect-to-organizations-activation/fa4f08e3-30db-45fa-a92a-807d064773bc
  4. windows cannot connect to organization's activation server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot connect to organization's activation server: Thats happen on laptop after change hdd to ssd, the ssd already installed windows on diffrent laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-connect-to-organizations-activation/fa4f08e3-30db-45fa-a92a-807d064773bc
  5. windows cannot connect to organization's activation server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot connect to the update server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot connect to the update server: We have 4 computers on a home network. All have Windows 10 2004, 10/1000 network cards, and wired connections. They all have internet access working fine. One computer has not been able to connect to the update server since early September. I have tried multiple trouble...
  7. WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server'

WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server': Hi , In my WSUS server after windows OS patch and reboot When trying to connect I get the error " Cannot connect to 'server' Please make sure the Post-Installation task is completed successfully in that server. If it was please verify if the server is using another port or...
  8. Minecraft for Windows 10 cannot to connect to server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 cannot to connect to server: Hello, My roommate is currently attempting to connect to a multiplayer game. I cannot connect to his game and he cannot connect to mine. I was able to connect to a game with another friend on Xbox. My roommate's computer recently starting saying "Activate Windows" out of...
  9. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  10. Windows Update returns a message that Windows cannot connect to the update server

Windows Update returns a message that Windows cannot connect to the update server: Windows Update returns a message that Windows cannot connect to the update server and has been returning this message for several days. Why? My internet is working correctly. I am curious why this is an issue and is it Microsoft's problem or mine? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS UPDATE CANNOT CONNECT to server

2. windows cannot connect to the update server

3. cannot connect to windows update server

4. can not connect to windows update server,
  5. windows update server cannot connect,
  6. windows update cannot connet to server,
  7. windows 10 phone cannot connect to server,
  8. windows cannot connect windows update,
  9. could not connect to windows update server,
  10. windows update cant connect to update server,
  11. windows cannot connect to update server,