Windows 10: Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have spent about 10 hours trying to solve this problem, and it's very frustrating. I have a Canon MG6220 printer that I have used for years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesNyf, Dec 22, 2018.

1. JamesNyf Win User

Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10

Hi. I have spent about 10 hours trying to solve this problem, and it's very frustrating.

I have a Canon MG6220 printer that I have used for years with no problems. It is connected to my 5G wireless network and I can print from a variety of devices in my home with no problems (iphone, iMac).

I recently purchased a Surface Studio running Windows 10. During the initial setup process, I was able to press the Add a printer or scanner below and it immediately found my printer, and I added it and I was able to print. Just like I expected it to. Perfect.

Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10 b68c3414-2974-43b0-8119-422db1e6d959?upload=true.jpg

However, after a few weeks, I went to print and it said the printer was offline. Hmm. That's odd. I tried a few things and decided to delete the printer and just re-add it back. Deleting the printer was easy, but when I tried to add the printer using the same technique, I get the message "The printer that I want isn't listed." In fact, no printers or scanners are listed.

• I do not recall doing anything to any network, firewall or printer settings that might have created this problem (I really don't do anything like that unless I have a problem).
    • I have tried using the printer troubleshooter, and it said it could not identify the problem.
    • I have the ip address of the printer (from the printer itself), and if I bring up a browser window and enter the ip address, I get "This site can't be reached" (incidentally, I can use the ip address of my router and easily get to it).
    • If I open a CMD prompt and ping the address, I get "Destination host unreachable"
    • I have the latest updates on Windows 10 as of about a day ago (but I had this problem before the updates).
    • I ran Windows Network Diagnostics and got the following error (192.168.1.148 is my printer)
    • Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10 deae4f67-08fb-4304-aa06-1eb97b141944?upload=true.jpg

• I have powered off and on the printer and the computer multiple times.
    • I have removed and reattached the printer to the network
    • Both my computer and my printer are on the same SSID (it's not like one of them is on my 5G and one is on my 2.4G)
    • The blue light is on my printer, indicating it is connected to the network (and as I stated, I can print perfectly from all other devices)
    • I have tried turning off all of my firewalls (briefly!) to see if I could get to the printer. No luck.
    • I tried to add the printer by selecting The printer that I want wasn't listed.
      • I tried adding using the TCP/IP address. While it did allow me to add this way, I still could not connect to the printer (it showed the printer, but it was offline)
    • I selected "Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer," but after a few minutes, I get the message "No devices found"
    • I have reviewed Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security for Domain, Private and Public profiles, and all of the settings are Default. Under IPSec exemptions, for Exempt ICMP from IPsec, I have selected "No (default)"
    • I have read every forum posting that I can find on this subject for about 9 hours (the other hour is me trying things over and over).

I am now begging for help. I am at the point of buying a new printer if I thought that would fix the problem, but I'm afraid I'll just be $500 poorer with the same exact problem. I just don't want to go back to my old iMac, because except for this problem, I love the Surface Studio

:)

JamesNyf, Dec 22, 2018

2. Problems connecting to wireless printer

We have a new (albeit old) wireless printer (HP Color laserjet CP3525) with a wireless adapter card. Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could see the network and connect. All computers could then print to the printer. None of our computers running Windows 8.1 could see the network. I upgraded one computer to Windows 10. It can now see the printer network but cannot connect. Any suggestions or ideas of what is wrong and/or how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

farmrjerry, Dec 22, 2018
  3. in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 22, 2018
  4. badrobot Win User

Problems connecting to wireless printer

What is the brand and model of the wireless adapter card? You may have to go to the manufacturer's website and get Windows 10 supported driver or whatever latest driver they have.

badrobot, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect wireless

2. Problem connecting wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting wireless printer: [ATTACH]help me ! * Original title: help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-connecting-wireless-printer/76b6d5b9-41e5-40c6-866a-c1c0325dab0f
  3. connecting to a wireless printer

connecting to a wireless printer: I cannot get my laptop to connect wirelessly to my MP495 PIXMA printer. For some reason, the device is not coming up when I scan for available printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-wireless-printer/d536a7fe-ed59-44f9-aa8e-5a9b5619255e
  4. Windows 10 cannot connect printer

Windows 10 cannot connect printer: I have a brother printer that I am trying to connect to my windows 10 computer. I have tried both wifi connecting and cable connecting and I get 2 messages. 1. Multi function printer quit waiting try again. I close that window and get the following Operation could not be...
  5. computer connect to wireless printer

computer connect to wireless printer: I can't seem to connect my Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 13, 7000 series to my wireless printer, a d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-connect-to-wireless-printer/97b4c990-4ee0-48fa-986c-c4ee9309637d
  6. Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer

Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer: Cannot connect to my Canon MF4880 printer wirelessly on my PC with Windows 10 but have no problem with iPad. I've tried multiple times over maybe a year or more to no success. If I want to print from my PC, I have to connect by USB then set up printer in wired connection....
  7. wireless printer not connected

wireless printer not connected: tried unplugging, waited 30 or more seconds, replugged, turned on, still not connected. But my wireless mouse, keyboard, and earphones are connected. how do I reconnect my printers?...
  8. Connecting a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting a wireless printer: I can't get my wire3less printer connected to my LAN. It times out each time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-a-wireless-printer/44f6e943-fccb-4dea-8b4a-801449b4d8cf
  9. connecting to a wireless printer

connecting to a wireless printer: I am having problems connecting my Lenovo Yoga to my Brother wireless printer - I have tried what Help suggests but it does not work - can anyone help? M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-wireless-printer/cf85bbb1-9a6f-4a89-9748-588fae375a2b
  10. wireless connection to printer

wireless connection to printer: How do I connect via WIFI my MacBook Air with my HP Laserjet CP1025nw color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-connection-to-printer/0c6a4e1b-9a02-4681-9d16-0c920df6a2ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is proxynsettings on printer

2. printer proxy settings

3. should proxy settings on printer be on or off

4. what is a proxy port on a printer,
  5. eposon proxy server setup mode,
  6. what is proxy settings on a printer,
  7. should proxy server be on or off on hp printer,
  8. what is a printer proxy setting,
  9. HP LaserJet IPsec/Firewall,
  10. what is a proxy setting on a hp printer?,
  11. authentication of proxy settings HP 5660 printer,