Windows 10: Cannot connect using an Ethernet

Discus and support Cannot connect using an Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to connect to my internet through an Ethernet and it doesn't seem to want to connect. I have listed my ipconfig if this is useful.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by youngtomlin, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Cannot connect using an Ethernet

Hello

I'm trying to connect to my internet through an Ethernet and it doesn't seem to want to connect.

I have listed my ipconfig if this is useful. Anything else just let me know. Cannot connect using an Ethernet :)
    Windows Version is 1903.

ipconfig.txt

:)

youngtomlin, Jan 24, 2020
  2. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Cannot connect using an Ethernet

Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect using an Ethernet

1. Cannot connect using an Ethernet - Similar Threads - Cannot connect using

2. Cannot use wifi and ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use wifi and ethernet: Hello. After installing windows 10 home i tried connecting to wifi but i dont have the option.I tried using ethernet cable but it wouldn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-wifi-and-ethernet/eb7337c1-e67b-41a9-9459-cdc7535b1758
  3. Win11 cannot see Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 cannot see Ethernet connection: I have my main Desktop W10 computer connected to my Router by ethernet cable, which is working fine - I see "Network 2" when looking at "networks & Sharing" .I also have another ethernet cable running from the Router to other side of the house, which was connected to a Range...
  4. Win11 cannot see Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 cannot see Ethernet connection: I have my main Desktop W10 computer connected to my Router by ethernet cable, which is working fine - I see "Network 2" when looking at "networks & Sharing" .I also have another ethernet cable running from the Router to other side of the house, which was connected to a Range...
  5. Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected: Which are the steps i have to make in order to use LTE for internet while ethernet is connected for docking to my car?I use Windows 11 Version 22H2.Thank you....
  6. Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected: Which are the steps i have to make in order to use LTE for internet while ethernet is connected for docking to my car?I use Windows 11 Version 22H2.Thank you....
  7. Cannot connect to 5ghz using ethernet

Cannot connect to 5ghz using ethernet: Hi, I recently finished my computer, and after some issues, i connected to my router using ethernet. I am on the 2.4ghz band, however, and don't have the option to connect to 5ghz. On my wireless adapter, I also only see the 2.4ghz band, but that is because the adapter is...
  8. Ethernet shown as connected but cannot go online

Ethernet shown as connected but cannot go online: My desktop has recently been unable to connect to the internet even though it says that the ethernet is working. After using the Windows troubleshoot, it states that the problem is that the network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn’t receive network traffic from the...
  9. Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...: Please help! new computer will only connect by Wi-Fi. Need to connect by hardline Ethernet cable for gaming. 1) cable is good works with Xbox 2) ran trouble shooter - windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy setting. 3) ran network adapter trouble...
  10. Cannot connect on Ethernet in Win10

Cannot connect on Ethernet in Win10: I cannot seem to connect on Ethernet though Wi-Fi works OK. I have seen several articles about ethernet problems with Win10 and perhaps you can help me sort this out. CABLING First the network config: Two notebooks, C and D are plugged into a switch and the switch...