Windows 10: Cannot connect using Remote Desktop to freshly reinstalled Windows 11

Discus and support Cannot connect using Remote Desktop to freshly reinstalled Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I've been there before and forgot how I solved it back then, and there are tons of somewhat-related threads on the 'net, but I'm still stuck.I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sba923, May 17, 2022.

1. sba923 Win User

Cannot connect using Remote Desktop to freshly reinstalled Windows 11

Hi,I've been there before and forgot how I solved it back then, and there are tons of somewhat-related threads on the 'net, but I'm still stuck.I've performed a fresh install of one of my Windows 11 PCs.For now only my Microsoft account is enabled there and is of course member of the local admins group, since that's the default behavior after OOBE, I can log on locally using fingerprint or PIN.I have re-enabled remote desktop, and disabled the "only allow Windows Hello sign-in" option.I'm still getting:What am I missing?

:)

sba923, May 17, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 17, 2022
  4. Swapna S Win User

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot connect using Remote Desktop to freshly reinstalled Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect using

2. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  3. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Windows 11

Remote Desktop Connection Windows 11: Hi,RDC has been working fine for the past few months and suddenly stopped working. - I already checked windows firewall, allowed RDC connections- 3389 port enabled- private connection The rest of settings are the same as it is before. It just stopped working. No windows...
  7. Cannot connect using Remote Desktop to freshly reinstalled Windows 11

Cannot connect using Remote Desktop to freshly reinstalled Windows 11: Hi,I've been there before and forgot how I solved it back then, and there are tons of somewhat-related threads on the 'net, but I'm still stuck.I've performed a fresh install of one of my Windows 11 PCs.For now only my Microsoft account is enabled there and is of course...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 11

Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 11: I forgot the password to my Remote Desktop Connection on my Windows 11 Desktop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-connection-on-windows-11/f794324d-2803-44b8-82b7-b59033024957
  9. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  10. Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect with Remote Desktop: After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my router and to the LAN side using my phone app and from another PC on the same LAN. I get the same message: Remote Desktop can't...