Windows 10: Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508

Discus and support Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I installed kb4512508 on a Windows 10 Pro. This machine is virtual machine on Hyper-V. After installing the update the machine has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arj01, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Arj01 Win User

Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508

Hello,

Recently I installed kb4512508 on a Windows 10 Pro. This machine is virtual machine on Hyper-V.

After installing the update the machine has frozen. Connecting through RDP or console via Hyper-V was not possible anymore. I turned off the VM and restarted it through Hyper-V management. After that i could reconnect to the console. After closing the console i was unable to reconnect. I have tested this serveral times and also rebooted the host.

After uninstalling kb4512508 and rebooting the VM everything was fine again. Now i am able to connect through RDP again and can open/close console sessions.

Kind regards,

Arjan

:)

Arj01, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

​I understand that the search bar is blank when you access the virtual machine using remote desktop connection.

It could be possibly that the display scaling settings are not working properly for the Virtual Machine. I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

1. Close VMware Workstation
    2. Right click on the VMWare workstation Shortcut
    3. Select Properties
    4. Choose Compatibility
    5. Under Settings Check, "Disable display scaling on High DPI settings".
    6. Open Workstation

However, if the issue persists, let me point you in the right direction where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing. I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet,
    where you will be able to find support from professionals and members for issues related to Virtual machine.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Rob Arone Win User
    RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is giving me this error:

"Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords"

Here's my environment:

Windows 2008r2 DC

Windows 7 & 10 Pro PC's

VM is on Win10 Pro PC, Workgroup

Like I said, worked a month ago.

I attempted to RDP from Win7 Pro PC and received the same message. But the old RDP gives you more information, and I saw that I was trying to login with a domain user, instead of a local user. Changed the login to login as a local user and it connected right
    away.

I then tried to change the login on the Win10 PC to a local login and it still gives me the same error. Is the format of local login (Machinename\Username) different on the new RDP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Arone, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508

RDP connection ends rather abruptly

I have a vsphere 5.5 infrastructure with windows and linux servers running across 3 hosts. I use remote desktop connection to connect and manually install windows updates on all windows VMs but recently one of the VMs will drop the connection almost immediately
    after i login to it via RDP. I tried to open console from the vsphere Web Client interface to access the particular VM but it only opens a blank black window. I am not sure if this is entirely windows or vmware problem or both. I know RDP is enabled and
    the user name i use is allowed to remotely connect to this VM because its what has always worked for months until last week. How can i regain remote desktop or open console access to this VM or install updates remotely from another computer on the domain?
    Please help.

AblieBarrow, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508

1. Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect via

2. Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?: Hey all -Another day, another bug that Microsoft likely won't address in their operating system. We have a user who's trying to connect to her work desktop over a cellular connection, tethered to her laptop since her fixed-line fiber internet is out for the day. Connecting...
  3. Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?: Hey all -Another day, another bug that Microsoft likely won't address in their operating system. We have a user who's trying to connect to her work desktop over a cellular connection, tethered to her laptop since her fixed-line fiber internet is out for the day. Connecting...
  4. Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  6. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  7. BSOD after installing KB4512508

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after installing KB4512508: Hi, I have Windows 10 build 1803 and received the update KB4512508. My PC rebooted and booted to a blue screen with error code 0xc000021a and then after a couple reboots it went into the startup repair mode but it couldn't repair. So I ran chkdsk /r/f and after it finished...
  8. After installing kb4512508

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing kb4512508: After installing kb4512508, when you check WINDOWS UPDATE it says ERROR ENCOUNTERED message, problem while connecting to WINDOWS SERVICE. Please fix this..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-kb4512508/8bbda04c-fd50-43c7-870f-afa85bf42c11
  9. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.: We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying - shows Connecting to ... Securing remote connection. Bar keeps sliding on that screen. Meanwhile I can see their session...
  10. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!: Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs. This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway. cheers...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to RDP after updating MAc client

2. unable to connect RDP VM

3. cannot remove kb4512508

4. unable to reconnect to RDP after 1903 updates,
  5. unable to connect to vm via rdp,
  6. Hyper-v Win10VM crashes when connecting via RDP,
  7. RDP error with KB4512508,
  8. network fails on hyper-v client after kb4512508