Windows 10: Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change)

Discus and support Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day all, My son disconnected the wifi on his laptop. I know it is in Parameters - Réseau et internet (network - internet) - Wifi but the button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniep, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Daniep Win User

Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change)

Good day all,

My son disconnected the wifi on his laptop. I know it is in Parameters - Réseau et internet (network - internet) - Wifi but the button to activate won't move. Don't know what to do.

Thank you

Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change) [​IMG]

:)

Daniep, Jan 5, 2016
  2. JuYQ Win User

Wifi connection problem

We connected a new printer to our wifi and it has made it change the name of the network and not recognise the passwork. Our computer/laptop has found the wifi OK but my Nokia Lumia 530 can't connect, or our Nokia Lumia 630, or Kobo,as there is no wps
    button to press on them and they won't recognise password. Any tips please? Thanks

JuYQ, Jan 5, 2016
  3. ashes_tx Win User
    Nokia lumia 520 no internet connection

Help please. Cannot connect to home WiFi. WiFi is available but gives me a message saying your phone won't be able to connect to the internet from this network. Same message for the open and secure WiFi

ashes_tx, Jan 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Do you have some other programme controlling WiFi that might have been installed by laptop manufacturer? Check in the system tray for any wifi software and activate it from there.

philc43, Jan 5, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Have you tried switching on from flight mode?

Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change) [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jan 5, 2016
  6. Daniep Win User
    Will verify in 10 hours. Laptop went to school with my son. Thanks, but I have my dought. Have looked there before. Maybe not enough*sarc

Daniep, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Also check the Wi-Fi adapter is enabled, go via Network Settings.

nigelmercier, Jan 5, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Have you also checked that the wireless switch on the laptop is ON? Many laptops have a slider switch that controls whether wireless is ON and your son may have turned it off.

philc43, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Daniep Win User
    Flight mode has been checked. *Wink

Daniep, Jan 5, 2016
  10. Daniep Win User
    Yep, that was it. Tje switch is on the side of the lap top. Did not know that existed. My son did - ''It's on mom! - Mom: No - IT'S OFF!''

Thank you so much everyone for helping me! I'll pay it forward HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Daniep, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change) - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Wifi

2. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  3. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  4. Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.: My Asus 14 Flip doesn't show me the option to connect to a WiFi network anymore. When I ran the network troubleshooter, it told me: "The MediaTek Wi-Fi 6e MT7922 160MHz LAN Card adapter is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems."What does this mean and how do I fix...
  5. Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.: My Asus 14 Flip doesn't show me the option to connect to a WiFi network anymore. When I ran the network troubleshooter, it told me: "The MediaTek Wi-Fi 6e MT7922 160MHz LAN Card adapter is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems."What does this mean and how do I fix...
  6. Wifi won't connect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi won't connect.: We recently got a new Arris Wifi SBG8300 Cable Modem and my laptop 2010 Toshiba Satellite won't connect to the internet anymore. When I try to login, it tells me "Can't connect to this network." I have confirmed that the password is correct, restarted the modem, reinstalled...
  7. Cannot connect to Wifi

Cannot connect to Wifi: I have done everything, run most commands, reset my pc thrice, uninstall windows update, but nothing works. Wifi shows available network but refuses to connect Windows 10 2004. 'Can't connect to this network'. This started happening randomly today. I have checked the WLAN...
  8. Cannot Connect to wifi

Cannot Connect to wifi: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and when I troubleshoot the wifi I get the message the intelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems how do I fix this?...
  9. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to Wifi: Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post for this sort of error, but my laptop has been unable to connect to the Wifi for the past day. It's not my own Wifi that is at fault as other devices are able to. When I tried to troubleshoot my computer...
  10. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...