Windows 10: Cannot connect with Edge Using Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot connect with Edge Using Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can connect with Google and use internet via Google. However, yesterday, for some reason, I was unable to connect with edge. I had been able to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keystonerose, Sep 8, 2018.

1. keystonerose Win User

Cannot connect with Edge Using Windows 10

I can connect with Google and use internet via Google. However, yesterday, for some reason, I was unable to connect with edge. I had been able to do so early on when I booted up, but I cannot do so now. Any help? Using Windows 10

Thanks.

:)

keystonerose, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Janeane Cru Win User

edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Sep 8, 2018
  3. hurricane51 Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect with Edge Using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Edge

2. Cannot connect monitor using VGA extension mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect monitor using VGA extension mode: I am trying to connect my Aspire laptop to the external monitor using the VGA. But the monitor shows my laptop screen only for a second and then it turns black. How can I connect them? I think some drivers are missing....
  3. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  4. Windows update cannot connect

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update cannot connect: Having some very odd issues with Windows 10, one of which is Windows Update will connect. I get this message - We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet....
  5. Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge: I've just recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After that, I am facing internet connection problem. I'm still able to connect to the wifi and have no problem connecting by the ethernet port, however, the only problem is I am unable access other...
  6. Cannot connect to WiFi network that is using a MAC filter

Cannot connect to WiFi network that is using a MAC filter: Hello, I am trying to connect a Windows 10 laptop to a WiFi network that is using a MAC address filter. When I attempt to connect Windows reports that it is "Checking network requirements". Then it reports that it "Cannot connect to this network". I have been able to...
  7. Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection

Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection: I have a VPN connection setup on my Windows 10 laptop on build 10240 which has been working fine for three months.. It has somehow become corrupted so I cannot connect with it, edit it or delete it from within Settings. I also cannot delete or change it from the Network...
  8. Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?: Folks, I've just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. During the Welcome screen, I chose Express Install and agreed to the W10 default selections, which included using Edge as my browser. When the install finished, I could not see an Edge icon anywhere. Searching for "edge" did not...
  9. Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10: (1) I open a Web Page (2) I go to Task View and see that Web Page in a mini desktop (desktop 1) (3) Then I go back into my Browser (Edge) and minimise that page (4) Then I open a different Web Page and go back into Task View, only to find that this new Web Page has...
  10. Use Microsoft Edge Snooze in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Microsoft Edge Snooze in Windows 10: Thanks for the tutorial.. 63721

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 edge cannot connect