Windows 10: Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

Discus and support Cannot connect with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DodSmith, Jan 29, 2019.

1. DodSmith Win User

Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my router and to the LAN side using my phone app and from another PC on the same LAN. I get the same message: Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons: ….." I have checked all three possibilities and none apply. I have also checked extensively around the internet and none of the solutions offered have fixed my problem. I have switched the remote access one and off but this has not helped. Something changed in the last update. I would to know what this change was and how I can fix and get my remote desktop working again.

Regards

DodSmith

:)

DodSmith, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot connect with Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Remote

2. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  3. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  6. I cannot connect to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect to Remote Desktop: Hi,I have enabled the remote desktop in other system to connect and till 2 days back its accessible to me without any issue.But, recently I have an issue which connecting to that machine, when I am trying to provide the credentials it is showing error.With Old Password:So, I...
  7. I cannot connect to Remote Desktop

I cannot connect to Remote Desktop: Hi,I have enabled the remote desktop in other system to connect and till 2 days back its accessible to me without any issue.But, recently I have an issue which connecting to that machine, when I am trying to provide the credentials it is showing error.With Old Password:So, I...
  8. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  9. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  10. Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop: I have two Windows 10 computers, one PC and one laptop on the same LAN. Both were upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am trying to connect to the PC through Remote Desktop from the laptop. I get the error message saying it can't connect. It says to make sure remote...