Windows 10: cannot consistantly connect a network computer

Discus and support cannot consistantly connect a network computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have one computer on my network that I can sometimes connect to and other times cannot. I can successfully ping the computer every time. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Spur IndustrialAdmin, Oct 17, 2018.

1. cannot consistantly connect a network computer

I have one computer on my network that I can sometimes connect to and other times cannot. I can successfully ping the computer every time. I have updated the ethernet card driver. How do I stabilize the connection?

:)

Spur IndustrialAdmin, Oct 17, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

cannot consistantly connect a network computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

cannot consistantly connect a network computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

cannot consistantly connect a network computer

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

cannot consistantly connect a network computer

1. cannot consistantly connect a network computer - Similar Threads - cannot consistantly connect

2. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  3. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  4. Cannot connect to this network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to this network: I have two Win10 PC's: PC1 and PC2On PC1 I am able to connect to both the WiFi and the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct =everything works fine.Since a short time back I am NOT able to connect to the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct.Trying to fix the problem with the Samsung...
  5. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I am suddenly unable to connect to my home Wifi network. This is a new and sudden issue. No recent windows or driver updates. New wireless adapter purchased and also unable to connect. The PC checks network requirements and then fails to connect. Old adapter is a TP-Link...
  6. Computer "cannot connect to network"

Computer "cannot connect to network": My computer connects to all other networks except the one at my house. It started after we got a new router (Tenda). My phone and tablet, and other pcs can connect. When I try to connect it says "Cannot connect to network ", and will not save network/password....
  7. Cannot connect toother computers on network windows10

Cannot connect toother computers on network windows10: Cannot connect to other computers on network windows 10 professional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-toother-computers-on-network/f26eef1d-f0c4-4511-9f31-1cd641ccf3ae
  8. Network Discovery not finding computers consistently

Network Discovery not finding computers consistently: Small business with 2 Windows 10 and 2 WIndows 7 systems. Also a server running 2012sbs. From the Windows 10 systems, when we click on Windows Explorer, and then Network, the server sometimes shows up and sometimes doesn't on one system, and NEVER shows up on the other....
  9. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??: Hey All, My father bought a brand new HP pavilion desktop. Pretty nice machine. I7, 16gb ram, all that and the bag of chips. Anyways, his internet access is through his landlords wireless. This desktop comes equipped with a modern AC wireless adapter. We turned the...
  10. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi: I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi). Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and share files both ways and all works perfectly. Using WiFi on the laptop I can connect with the desktop machine but not the...