Windows 10: cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update

Discus and support cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ed 'Doc' Walker, Jan 1, 2019.

1. cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update

cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update

:)

Ed 'Doc' Walker, Jan 1, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 1, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 1, 2019
  4. cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update

1. cannot control the screen brightness after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - cannot control screen

2. A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control: Hello.I used to control screen brightness all the time throughout my day, using either the keyboard special functions or by navigating my cursor to the bottom right corner and opening the panel.A recent windows10 update forced on me, like always has removed brightness...
  3. A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control: Hello.I used to control screen brightness all the time throughout my day, using either the keyboard special functions or by navigating my cursor to the bottom right corner and opening the panel.A recent windows10 update forced on me, like always has removed brightness...
  4. A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brightness control stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control stopped working after update: Brightness control stopped working after window's update, tried the below possible solutions, but nothing worked. 1. set display driver basic version 2. update display driver 3. Windows reset The brightness is set at max in Windows, but i am able to adjust it in Ubuntu....
  6. Cannot change brightness after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change brightness after windows update: I kept getting the popup to update windows so I update windows now I CANNOT change the brightness even with hotkeys everything was working fine before I did the update. I have tried everything literally. I know what you will probably reply. Enable Generic PnP Monitor, I've...
  7. Brightness control NOT working after update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness control NOT working after update !: Before installing the latest update ( March 1, 2019—KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) ) i normally i can control the brightness of the screen of my PC ( HP Pavilion dv6 notebook pc ) but, after installing the updates i can't control it. I did uninstall the update and reboot the...
  8. Brightness control not working after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness control not working after updating windows 10: i can't control my brightness after i updating my windows 10 to latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-not-working-after-updating/1a416f92-87a9-4d2a-8e0e-768c769245fe
  9. unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update: Hi, We recently had our Windows 10 update and unfortunately can no longer control the brightness. Here is what we have tried with no success based on the Windows user help forums: 1. Gone to device manager and switched to microsoft basic display - screen blacks out and...
  10. Laptop Brightness Controls Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Brightness Controls Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hello, Recently my Acer Aspire E 15 laptop did a windows update automatically after I had put it off too long. Afterwards, I found I could no longer control the brightness/dimness of the display with the keys. Normally, it works by holding down Fn and then I am able to use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot control display brightness

2. cannot control brightness windows 10