Windows 10: cannot control windows lock screen

Discus and support cannot control windows lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My lock screen changes every couple of days without my intervention. If I go to the change lock screen setting it is greyed out and I cannot change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DavidMcLeodninefour, Oct 30, 2019.

1. cannot control windows lock screen

My lock screen changes every couple of days without my intervention. If I go to the change lock screen setting it is greyed out and I cannot change it. How do I get control of my lock screen.

:)

DavidMcLeodninefour, Oct 30, 2019

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

cannot control windows lock screen

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

cannot control windows lock screen

1. cannot control windows lock screen - Similar Threads - cannot control lock

2. Can't control Lock Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't control Lock Screen timeout: I've asked a similar question on this site before, but even with several good suggestions, I can't gain control of the Lock Screen timeout where PIN is requested. The process works, if my system is unused the lock screen comes on, but I cannot control how soon the Lock Screen...
  3. Can't control Lock Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't control Lock Screen timeout: I've asked a similar question on this site before, but even with several good suggestions, I can't gain control of the Lock Screen timeout where PIN is requested. The process works, if my system is unused the lock screen comes on, but I cannot control how soon the Lock Screen...
  4. Windows lock screen shows media player controls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen shows media player controls: My lock screen shows the Windows media player controls in the lower right-hand area. I want to turn this off because I expect more privacy about what I was listening to or viewing, and this is visible to anyone who walks by my laptop. I went to Settings for the lock screen,...
  5. Cannot change lock screen

Cannot change lock screen: Hello! I've been having this problem for a around 8 months now. I wanted to change my lock screen, when I selected the file it just kept loading and nothing happened. Later I noticed a message saying: "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I...
  6. cannot disable lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  7. cannot disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  8. Lock Screen Control

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Control: How can I set a specific time of pc idleness (1 min., 2 min., 3 min., etc.) for the password lock screen to activate? 168057
  9. Media Controls on the Windows 10 Lock Screen

Media Controls on the Windows 10 Lock Screen: How do I activate the media controls on my Windows 10 Lock Screen? My Lock Screen allows play music normally, but it no longer shows these media controls, as it did before an important Windows 10 update I don't remember if it was after version 1703, 1709, ... or 1809. The...
  10. cannot change lock screen :((

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot change lock screen :((: So this is just so weird. I cannot change my lock screen. I disabled the option in "Prevent changing Lock screen and Logon image". However, I cannot change from the "windows highlight" to anything else in the "lock screen" setting. It always shows a red notice: "some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my lock screen of my laptop not changing to open it